+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Single entry visitor visa validity and extension..

nekara

Jan 22, 2013
My parents have a single entry visitor visa approved for six months till June 18th. Now i want to know if this date means that they have to enter canada before June 18th or leave canada by June 18th. I am planning to bring them by April 15th and want to have them till Aug 15th. Will that mean i might have to apply for an extension while they are here or is it a simple 6months valid stay from the date of entry ? Also is there a number to reach a live person in the immigration services to ask abt this ? Its all recorded messages everywhere...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

nekara said:
My parents have a single entry visitor visa approved for six months till June 18th. Now i want to know if this date means that they have to enter canada before June 18th or leave canada by June 18th. I am planning to bring them by April 15th and want to have them till Aug 15th. Will that mean i might have to apply for an extension while they are here or is it a simple 6months valid stay from the date of entry ? Also is there a number to reach a live person in the immigration services to ask abt this ? Its all recorded messages everywhere...
1. They have to enter Canada before 18/06.
2. They will most likely be given 6 months when they enter as a visitor in April.

nekara

Jan 22, 2013
thanks for the reply... any number where this can be confirmed.. tried CIC nos with all recorded messages. can we get the info at the airport may be. anyone at the immigration there cld be reached ?