+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINGLE ENTRY VISA PROBLEM

agitator

Jul 5, 2011
Hi,

I was going to buy my air tickets back to India for a holiday when I realized I have a single entry visa. Which means I cant come back or have to reapply from India, which will be a pain, coz I was denied visa twice before I got it the 3rd time !

1. I am an international student, with my visa valid till 2012, 31 December.

2. I am in Vancouver BC, so should I go to Seattle and get the visa changed in multiple entry there ?

3. Since my visa is single entry, what if they dont let me back into Canada from US ?

Regards

agitator :'( :'(

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Your single entry visa will allow you to enter Canada again if you only exited to the US or St Pierre et Miguellon.

Single Entry: allows you to enter Canada only once during the validity of the visa.

Note: This visa may also be used for repeated entries into Canada from the USA or St. Pierre and Miquelon provided you do not enter any other country. Such entries must occur within the time validated for your stay in Canada

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5256E4.asp

agitator said:
Hi,

I was going to buy my air tickets back to India for a holiday when I realized I have a single entry visa. Which means I cant come back or have to reapply from India, which will be a pain, coz I was denied visa twice before I got it the 3rd time !

1. I am an international student, with my visa valid till 2012, 31 December.

2. I am in Vancouver BC, so should I go to Seattle and get the visa changed in multiple entry there ?

3. Since my visa is single entry, what if they dont let me back into Canada from US ?

Regards

agitator :'( :'(

agitator

Jul 5, 2011
Thank you for reply. But what if the Canadian Embassy in Seattle refuses my multiple entry for some weird reason ? Although I am a student here till Dec 2012...? Can you please advise ? The Canadian Embassy Visa officer in India are very cruel to give me a single entry visa in the first place.

???

Ag