Passport Req..
Issued 24 Feb 2012 but only received 12 June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
19 July 2012
LANDED..........
17 Oct 2012
taivoi said:
Any news for PPR, Garu?
Hi taivoi, I still haven't receive PPR yet... it's almost 3 months now since our medical and still no news. I don't even know if our RPRF draft is cashed or not. Do you think I should email them after 3 months if I still not hear anything from them?

Garu

Jan 19, 2010
Brunei
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 22, 2011
IELTS Request
Yes
Med's Request
Nov 2, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 8, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
19 July 2012
LANDED..........
17 Oct 2012
BTW... taivoi & CRS are you guys in-process yet? You should be in-process by now...

taivoi

Jul 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
Hi Garu,

No, we're still RBVO. You should wait a bit more , or you can email them regarding Medical result whether they received it or not. FYI, one of my friend did medical exam 2 months ago, got PPR, but they returned Passport and told him to wait until after new year since their CAPs for 2011 is over, he's still waiting until now. Hope you 'll get it soon, fingers crossed.

letina

Star Member
Mar 10, 2011
Hi guys, long time since I am in this topic, I hope you guys are doing well and making progress through your PR application for Canada. As you are waiting for the visa, it is important that there is no need to rush getting the visa as the reality is very different from what we expect when we are still in our own countries. The key is preparation is the most important, it will be a very difficult and disappointing experience to be in Canada without proper planning. First of all, Canadian employers are extremely discriminative toward immigrants. No matter how well educated and high flier you are in your home countries, without Canadian experience and education, you will not get any job. And they need Canadian reference for every job even the simple one such as those at McD, Subway, Tim Hortons etc... Secondly, it is VERY EXPENSIVE in Canada. You will not be able to rent a house immediately when you are in Canada because you have no credit and references so noone will dare to rent out the house for you, so you will need to have friends or family to offer temporary housing. You will not be able to open credit card, get mortgage, car loan... untill you have a job and at least 1 year of credit, so everything must be in cash. You cannot get a driver license and cannot take the exam for certain number of time, typically 1 year after passing you theory exam. Public transport is extremely rare and slow in many parts of the countries because everyone drive cars. You cannot let the kid below 12 years old stay at home and go to work and need to employ a nanny or someone to be at home with them all the time, failing which you will be put in jail. The weather in Canada is very severe, going out at night, waiting for bus... without proper gears such as thick gloves, ear mugs, ... can lead to frost bites or cold stroke. It will be very depressing at first for those who goes to cold provinces such as Ontario, Alberta and especially Manitoba (the coldest place on earth), so be prepared. Getting the PR card can be as long as 6 months from the date you land, mine need 192 days due to a photo problem and during that time you cannot leave Canada. Cell phone bill, internet, electricity... are generally expensive and you need to spend around 200 a month for those. Fuel for car is really expensive and depends on where you live, parking can cost somewhere between 75 and 150 a month (not included in rent fee). Everything you buy need to add around 18% for tax depends on provinces you live so the price tag in super market... is not as cheap as you may think. On top of that, food in restaurant will come with tip of 15% at least so it is really expensive to dine out. Most low skills jobs pay minimum salary of about $9-$10 an hour and a meal in restaurant easily cost $35. Canada, it is not as rosy as some (including myself before) may think, so be prepared and you will be fine.

Garu

Jan 19, 2010
Brunei
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 22, 2011
IELTS Request
Yes
Med's Request
Nov 2, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 8, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
19 July 2012
LANDED..........
17 Oct 2012
taivoi said:
Hi Garu,

No, we're still RBVO. You should wait a bit more , or you can email them regarding Medical result whether they received it or not. FYI, one of my friend did medical exam 2 months ago, got PPR, but they returned Passport and told him to wait until after new year since their CAPs for 2011 is over, he's still waiting until now. Hope you 'll get it soon, fingers crossed.
Thanks taivoi, my ecas has been medical result has been received since middle of November. I have no idea though if our RPRF was received since it was sent separately.

Letina, thank you so much for taking the time in sharing your experiences. It would be valuable to all of us... Hope you will find a job soon.

Garu

Jan 19, 2010
Brunei
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 22, 2011
IELTS Request
Yes
Med's Request
Nov 2, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 8, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
19 July 2012
LANDED..........
17 Oct 2012
taivoi said:
Hi Garu,

Taivoi, did they return the passport because they reached their CAP or is there any other reason stated?

taivoi

Jul 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
@Letina: Thanks for sharing :)

@Garu: they returned passport with reason reached CAPS, they will instruct to send it back after new year (they maybe think people need to travel so did not want to keep passport for few months)

CRS

Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
Nomination.....
27-02-2011 (MPNP-Family Stream)
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
November 30,2012
Hi Letina, good to hear from u. Know its a long hard journey. Still we're dreaming. Thanks for ur tips. Hi Garu, is ur address back? Mine is missing with same detail. U can contact them as it has been nearly 3 months now since mr.
Hi Taivoi, is ur address also disappeared? I think we'll not be able to escape the average 16 months' processing period. Good luck to all.

taivoi

Jul 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
Hi CRS,
My address is also disappeared like everyone. Dont worry about 16 months, it's just an average from 2010 - SEP 2011, mostly, people get MR before 5- 11 months since AOR, we're almost there :)

Vansask

Aug 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
July 15, 2010
Med's Request
june 27, 2011
Med's Done....
june 30, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
aug 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
september 6, 2011
letina said:
Hi guys, long time since I am in this topic, I hope you guys are doing well and making progress through your PR application for Canada. As you are waiting for the visa, it is important that there is no need to rush getting the visa as the reality is very different from what we expect when we are still in our own countries. The key is preparation is the most important, it will be a very difficult and disappointing experience to be in Canada without proper planning.

(1)First of all, Canadian employers are extremely discriminative toward immigrants. No matter how well educated and high flier you are in your home countries, without Canadian experience and education, you will not get any job. And they need Canadian reference for every job even the simple one such as those at McD, Subway, Tim Hortons etc...

(2)Secondly, it is VERY EXPENSIVE in Canada. You will not be able to rent a house immediately when you are in Canada because you have no credit and references so noone will dare to rent out the house for you, so you will need to have friends or family to offer temporary housing.

(3)You will not be able to open credit card, get mortgage, car loan... untill you have a job and at least 1 year of credit, so everything must be in cash.

(4)You cannot get a driver license and cannot take the exam for certain number of time, typically 1 year after passing you theory exam. Public transport is extremely rare and slow in many parts of the countries because everyone drive cars.

(5)You cannot let the kid below 12 years old stay at home and go to work and need to employ a nanny or someone to be at home with them all the time, failing which you will be put in jail.

(6)The weather in Canada is very severe, going out at night, waiting for bus... without proper gears such as thick gloves, ear mugs, ... can lead to frost bites or cold stroke. It will be very depressing at first for those who goes to cold provinces such as Ontario, Alberta and especially Manitoba (the coldest place on earth), so be prepared.

(7)Getting the PR card can be as long as 6 months from the date you land, mine need 192 days due to a photo problem and during that time you cannot leave Canada.

(8)Cell phone bill, internet, electricity... are generally expensive and you need to spend around 200 a month for those.

(9) Fuel for car is really expensive and depends on where you live, parking can cost somewhere between 75 and 150 a month (not included in rent fee). Everything you buy need to add around 18% for tax depends on provinces you live so the price tag in super market... is not as cheap as you may think.

(10)On top of that, food in restaurant will come with tip of 15% at least so it is really expensive to dine out.

(11) Most low skills jobs pay minimum salary of about $9-$10 an hour and a meal in restaurant easily cost $35. Canada, it is not as rosy as some (including myself before) may think, so be prepared and you will be fine.
Hi all,

I would like to share some of my experience with you as well. Please remember that Canada is a big country. And the situations you described above are not the same for every part of Canada.

(1) Provinces like Alberta, Saskatchewan are leading the country in jobs. Soon after arriving in Saskatoon, I got job interviews.
And I got hired for a job which uses my experience and expertise.

(2) Yes you wouldn't be able to find a place to rent easily from a property management company, I agreed. But you can still rent a house from a private owner.

(3) Credit card approval from banks only makes sense because everywhere in the world you go, they will need to check your credit history before issuing you a card.

(4) New immigrants with driver license from home countries can drive 90 days before getting Canadian driver license. I was driving around saskatoon before I got my Canadian driver license.

(6) Yes Canadian weather is very extreme. For me, I drive car and I have warm clothes such as jackets, parka and etc... I'm OK.

(7) PR Cards arrived to my family after 2 months.

(10) For us, we only dine out like twice a month. The other time, we cook at home. So the food expense it OK for us.

By the way, I arrived in Canada in November, 2011. Yes, I'm homesick sometimes. And I love my old country. I couldn't appreciate enough for the life I'm enjoying in Canada.

Good luck everyone! Hope you get your PR soon.

Garu

Jan 19, 2010
Brunei
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 22, 2011
IELTS Request
Yes
Med's Request
Nov 2, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 8, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
19 July 2012
LANDED..........
17 Oct 2012
Vansask said:
Hi all,

I would like to share some of my experience with you as well. Please remember that Canada is a big country. And the situations you described above are not the same for every part of Canada.

(1) Provinces like Alberta, Saskatchewan are leading the country in jobs. Soon after arriving in Saskatoon, I got job interviews.
And I got hired for a job which uses my experience and expertise.

(2) Yes you wouldn't be able to find a place to rent easily from a property management company, I agreed. But you can still rent a house from a private owner.

(3) Credit card approval from banks only makes sense because everywhere in the world you go, they will need to check your credit history before issuing you a card.

(4) New immigrants with driver license from home countries can drive 90 days before getting Canadian driver license. I was driving around saskatoon before I got my Canadian driver license.

(6) Yes Canadian weather is very extreme. For me, I drive car and I have warm clothes such as jackets, parka and etc... I'm OK.

(7) PR Cards arrived to my family after 2 months.

(10) For us, we only dine out like twice a month. The other time, we cook at home. So the food expense it OK for us.

By the way, I arrived in Canada in November, 2011. Yes, I'm homesick sometimes. And I love my old country. I couldn't appreciate enough for the life I'm enjoying in Canada.

Good luck everyone! Hope you get your PR soon.
Hi Vansask, its good to hear from you and thank you for sharing positive experiences in Canada.

Its good to hear that you and your family are doing well there now.

Salman123

Jan 23, 2011
Vansask said:
Hi all,

You are one of the rare cases. Most will face what Letina is facing. You are moving to a new a country like a new born baby. you don't know culture, people, roads system nothing. so obviously you will struggle. Think about it if you got to move to diff province of your own country with just limited amount of money and just few cloths - how will you manage to find a place to live, job?? and in this case you are moving to a new country where you don't know much about it. First year is always struggling one because you have endless needs to meet. so dont be too upset you all will do good after certain period.

ivelnal

Star Member
Sep 12, 2011
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 July 2011
Nomination.....