+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore new processing time (28 months)!!!

ripon4t

Dec 7, 2013
Hi, I applied for my wife on 28 june, 2012. Singapore received the file on 10th September, 2012. Still I am seeing the status: "Application received!". The time when I applied, Singapore processing time was 22 months. Now it is 28 months. Can anybody know which processing time will be applicable for my case? 22 months or 28 months? Thank you very much to all. Best wishes. -RIPON

M

mikeymyke

Depends if your application is missing documents, and/or has red flags. No red flags + no missing docs = 7-12 months processing time, red flags and/or interview, expect the full 28 months.

ripon4t

Dec 7, 2013
Dear mikeymyke,

Thank you so much for prompt reply. Its bad that, it may likely to wait 28 months even though, i think there is no missing documents, i guess. However, I am frustrated to hearing that It will not work for 22 months, rather 28 months. Its really painful to know.!!

M

mikeymyke

If there is no missing documents, perhaps you are on an interview queue becuase your relationship has red flags? Have you ordered GCMS notes to verify all this? Describe to us your entire relationship background.

ripon4t

Dec 7, 2013
Hi mikeymyke,

I actually do not know about red flags! What i saw in the status is just as below:

"Application received on 10th september, 2012, Medical file is received." That is hanging for more than 1.5 yrs!!!

I will really appreciate If i know how I can check whether there is red flag and/or missing documents!

Thank you very much again!

-RIPON

M

mikeymyke

To know for sure you have to order GCMS notes to see what the officer is writing about your application. They will write comments such as, "Couple has many pics, but do not look compatible", "Sponsor visited spouse many times over the past 2 years", "Both parents attended the wedding, as well as their extended families", etc.

Red flags are things that are viewed negatively in an application, such as:

-couple has large age difference
-large educational, cultural difference
-getting married quickly after meeting
-no parents from either side attending the wedding
-few pictures and proof of communication
-couple do not speak common language
-applicant has many family members living in Canada, but not so much in home country, which is viewed as having a strong desire to immigrate to Canada
-applicant has shown numerous attempts to enter Canada

ripon4t

Dec 7, 2013
Dear mikeymyke,

Thank you very much again. I just got the link to order for GCMS file (cic.ca/department/atip/requests-atip.asp). I am applying as soon as possible. I may get the reply within 1 month. After that I will let you know all details.

Meanwhile, If you want to know anything about me or if you have any suggestion, please let me know.

Thank you again.

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
mikeymyke said:
Depends if your application is missing documents, and/or has red flags. No red flags + no missing docs = 7-12 months processing time, red flags and/or interview, expect the full 28 months.
Actually, that 28 months does not include files that have to go to interview.

What the 28 months mean is that 80% of all files should be processed from anytime (say 7 months) until 28 months. By 28 months, 80% of applications are processed.

If, however, you are called for interview, this '28 months' timeline does not apply to you, and you will not be included in the stat above.

ripon4t

Dec 7, 2013
Dear mikeymyke,

I just received GCMS file from CIC authority. However, I did not see any explanatory information about my wife's (like "couple does not have enough pic", "couple relationship is not long enough" etc...). Notably, In one line, I see "Undertaking length (in months): 36". Is it the processing time? What information do you need more to understand about her processing status? If you let me know your email address, I can forward the file to you.

Thank you in advance!
-RIPON DEY

hoahager

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
24-11-2012
File Transfer...
20-12-2012
Med's Request
05-12-2014
Med's Done....
08-12-2014
Interview........
27-11-2014
Passport Req..
Hope soon
Hi Ripon4t,

Can you share your timeline? Maybe your application was submitted to Mississauga after 25 Oct 2012? if yes you will be approved for conditional PR visa.
My GCMS note also perform undertaking length is 36 months. I think this is the valid time for "conditional PR visa" after your landing.

You can read the notes by officers in the end of whole GCMS (from page 30 - 32) to see what they commented and red flag...

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
I believe the 36 months is the sponsorship agreement, which is 3 years.

cdnmom

Dec 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-01-2013
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
ripon4t said:
Dear mikeymyke,

I just received GCMS file from CIC authority. However, I did not see any explanatory information about my wife's (like "couple does not have enough pic", "couple relationship is not long enough" etc...). Notably, In one line, I see "Undertaking length (in months): 36". Is it the processing time? What information do you need more to understand about her processing status? If you let me know your email address, I can forward the file to you.

Thank you in advance!
-RIPON DEY
Hello Ripon4t

The 36 months is indeed how long you are required as the sponsor to provide for the person you have sponsored
If you go through the notes you received... there is a section in all capital letters called ELIGIBILITY
Check this area as it will show when the initial review was done... if it has been done yet ... check status and you see the current status on the eligibility... ours showed Recommend Passed

There is a thread for all going through Singapore which you might be interested in following
Here is the link

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/singapore-timeline-t28993.7950.html

Good luck with this journey

ripon4t

Dec 7, 2013
Hi hoahager,

The timeline for wife's PR application is as below:

Submitted application at Missisauga: 28th June, 2012
Application transferred to Singapore: 10th Sep, 2012.
Current status showing in online: "Application received on 10th sep, 2012", "Medical file received".

here is the note page: drive.google.com/file/d/0ByPwZxPRT-TCOS1oUzdlekdTVzQ/edit?usp=sharing

Can you read the GCMS note text from above link? If yes, have you found any red flag text from there? I dont know how to read red flag text. I also could not understand what is written there!

Thank you very much!