+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore interview queue delay time

farangbob

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please note that anyone who falls on the interview list for Singapore, that "The current queue for an interview is 24 months

M

mikeymyke

Actually, many of the recent applicants (2014-2015) that I saw from Singapore office are only having to wait 12-15 months.

Also, I know the processing time is listed as 27 months or so, but in reality, its far shorter if one has a strong application. My wife's app got Decision Made in about 6 months last year, but I've recently met another member who got Decision Made in just 3 months, which is astounding and even beats the US applicants.

farangbob

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Mikey, for your encouraging reply. I may be able to see a faint light at the end of the tunnel. My wife has been devastated by the news, and so have I.

M

mikeymyke

Try applying for a visitor visa to come here if possible. Or you can go stay with her for a few months in her country.

It is a long wait indeed for an interview, whether its 15 mths or 24. This is why people from the Singapore Visa Office have to craft the best possible PR application to avoid the interview, since Singapore is probably one of the most brutal and difficult visa offices in the world. How strong is your relationship profile? And did you submit a lot of relationship evidence with your application? What are your red flags?

farangbob

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
we met a year ago today actually on a dating site. we married in Bangkok in february, had a traditional ceremony, with tons of pics. she did her medical. All seems good. We're in contact everyday thru messenger, and sent all pics and communication for each day of the year.I can visit her for a few weeks, but i have a job here to return to. What we've decided was for her to apply for a Visa. Here we go again.....

M

mikeymyke

Having a traditional ceremony is a good thing, however I do see at least one red flag you have, and that is you guys seemed to have gotten married very quickly (after knowing each other 4 mths) and on the first visit. That, among other things, might have caused you guys to get an interview request.

Also, these are considered red flags as well, which may or may not apply to you. Some of these red flags I've discovered based on cases I've read online:

-large educational/cultural/age difference
-either your or your wife's parents/family not attending the wedding
-unable to communicate in a common language, or using mostly a translator or translation software to communicate
-applicant has relatives living in Canada, or has married foreigners before
-applicant goes on dating site for example, doesn't know English, but writes her profile in English and indicates that she's seeking foreigners to date or marry
-one person is married before, the other never been married
-applicant has attempted to enter Canada before through a student visa or visitor visa, or has attempted to immigrate to Canada in the past

Best thing to do now is to order the GCMS notes to see the reasons for the interview request, and try to address their concerns at the interview.

farangbob

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what are the GCMS notes, and how do I go about ordering them? Actually I had a hunch that some red flags could have been raised concerning 2 points. 1. our age difference, my wife is 37. i'm 62. , 2. we married after 4 months after we met. It may not be considered normal by some standards, but i guess sometimes must explain to higher authorities the reasons we are the way we are and do the things we do. We don't mind any interviews, but a queue of 24 months for an interview is just not considered reasonable in my standards , as well as for others whom are waiting to be united with their loved ones.