+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore Certificate of Clearance

rjheard

Feb 3, 2014
Hi All,

I have a question specific for PR Applicant from Singapore. My question is, can we send the PR Application (Inland) without the Certificate of Clearance from Singapore Police Force? If yes, what documents can we provide in the initial application to avoid having the whole application returned because of incomplete application package?

Here is my situation. I am a Canadian Permanent Resident, my wife is a Singapore PR, currently under visitor visa in Canada. Singapore currently does not issue Certificate of Clearance for Non-Citizens, but the Canada PR application requires it as part of the document in the check list. I am concerned that if I submit the application without the certificate of clearance, the application will be returned.

On the other hand, Singapore Police Force stated in their website that they will not issue Certificate of Clearance unless they receive a letter from the requesting organization (in this case CIC) that they require this Certificate of Clearance.

So I need some help and insight here. Any input will be appreciated, especially those based on personal experience. Thank you!! :)

Regards.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/singapore.asp

For Non-Singapore Citizens

A COC request letter along with a COC Appeal Application Form will be sent to you by the Immigration Office after reviewing the application. You are required to complete the COC Appeal Application Form, plus a COC Application Form that you may obtain from the SPF website (please see address above). Once you have completed the forms, provide the required supporting documents listed above, and submit in-person or by mail to the COC Office. Please note that the Certificate of Clearance (COC) will be mailed directly to the Canadian immigration office requesting the certificate.

Apr 19, 2014
Greetings!

the only lacking docs needing in order to proceed to our next step.

Question sir/ maddam:

here is my time line:

* Received a mail from CIC to secure COC in Singapore 14th of February, 2014
* Flew to Singapore 27th of February, 2014 and applied for a COC together with my letter from CIC.
- the Police Officer insist that they no longer mail the COC to respective destination since they received a lot of complains that some of the form are lost or misplaced. March 21,2014 releasing of my COC ( 15 working days to process my request). what i did I told my friend to get it for me who worked in Singapore since he will visit Cebu by first week of April 2014.

* April 3, 2014 received the COC from my friend and mailed it to visa section here in Manila.

my question: Is there a problem if I am the one who mailed the COC to Visa Section Manila? because as I read the form in Migrating to Canada they required the Singapore Police should be the one to mail it instead of the applicant. It has been 2 weeks and no feedback from Visa Section Manila.

Need your help.

Thank you!