+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SIN for Citizenship

Effy123

Sep 10, 2024
Hi there, I am currently in the process of applying for my Citizenship. I have had PR since June of 2022. The only thing is, is I only recently updated my SIN earlier this year, on the application there is a section which requires you to enter the SIN that you used when doing your most recent taxes so obviously I had to put my old one in. I'm just curious to know if this is going to create and issues going forward with the application.TIA

Greenmaple2020

Jan 21, 2021
Hi there, I am currently in the process of applying for my Citizenship. I have had PR since June of 2022. The only thing is, is I only recently updated my SIN earlier this year, on the application there is a section which requires you to enter the SIN that you used when doing your most recent taxes so obviously I had to put my old one in. I'm just curious to know if this is going to create and issues going forward with the application.TIA
You should put the new one in. GOV knows that was all you. lol

Effy123

Sep 10, 2024
So i should disregard the old one, does it matter because I haven't used the new one to file taxes yet

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
So i should disregard the old one, does it matter because I haven't used the new one to file taxes yet
Your old SIN data is merged with your new one. If you login to CRA website with your new one you would still be able to see all the tax returns you submitted with old one.