+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Simultaneous application (BOTH CEC and EE CEC)

Trent

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Hi

I already applied in CEC in august and I got an EE cec ITA. Can i apply in EE even if i have file in CEC or do i have to withdraw 1 file

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Trent said:
Hi

I already applied in CEC in august and I got an EE cec ITA. Can i apply in EE even if i have file in CEC or do i have to withdraw 1 file
You can apply for both but at end, you can select one for which you get PPR first and you loose your application money for your other application.

Trent

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
I called call centre and they said I cannot have files in both CEC old and EE- CEC. Is that true

iliv4u4ever

Oct 24, 2011
When I last looked into, you can have only one application/category at anytime. Even though it is express entry, it still falls under CEC category. However, you can try under EE FSW/PNP. I think when it comes to EE ITA, they prefer to send ITA for FSW over CEC if you qualify for both.

Trent

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
I got invitation in CEC. i aaplied in CEC in july 2014 -no updates untill now. I want to appli in EE but the call centre agent said i cannot

If i stick with my old application i may have to wait for another year

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Trent said:
I called call centre and they said I cannot have files in both CEC old and EE- CEC. Is that true
It is not true. See this explanation for FSW -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-12-01.asp#30

eddie_in_NL

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Trent said:
I got invitation in CEC. i aaplied in CEC in july 2014 -no updates untill now. I want to appli in EE but the call centre agent said i cannot

If i stick with my old application i may have to wait for another year
Processing time for old CEC applications is currently 14 months, so if you applied in July 2014, the 14 months have already passed. You should be close to getting PR via this application. (also, i believe you can now contact them to see if there's any issues - not sure how this works in the old system).

If you have an ITA, you can hold onto it for 60 days before you apply. You can prepare everything and leave it ready, and decide on the last day if you want to apply or not. Depending on your points, it may be safe to decline and wait to get another ITA on the next round. If you're not pressed for time, it may be best to find out the status of your previous application before you send a new one.

If you're pressed for time however, then you need to figure out if you can have two applications on the same program. I'm afraid I can't help on this one.

Trent

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Do you guys have a emai id of cic. I need to send then an email regarding this issue so i can apply using the confirmation

Trent

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
My old cec file is in second review because my company address is a residential address. Every thing else looks good. I work for client and my NOC is 2174

REGULATION: CEC-2013 I have analysed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and make the following recommendation. ACTION ITEMS: ****GENERAL RESULTS: MEDICALS NOT STARTED FOR ALL APPLICANTS**** FOSS/GCMS check: - No adverse info. Principal applicant currently holds valid status in Canada. CIVIL STATUS: - PA never married - NO Spouse or Common-Law declared - PA Copy of passport on File: Yes. WORK EXPERIENCE: CEC qualifying period is: from 31JUL2011 to 30JUL2014 Dates of authorized work experience - within 'Qualifying Period' - in a skill level 0, A or B occupation: 080CT2012 TO 080CT2015 Category of work permit: PGWP Post-secondary studies in Canada: College-Technical and University According to schedule 8: Work Experience 1: 01JUL2013 TO LOCK-IN, NOC: 2174 selected, Full time SOFTWARE DEVELOPER with XXXX. Employment letter dated 17JUL2014 confirm date of employment, position title and a salary of $ 78k per year. LOE/Supporting Docs appear to match lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under NOC code selected. A T4 from 2013 show reported earnings of $40.5K. A NOA from 2013 show(s) reported earnings of $50K. Web-based search conducted - Online information verified. ADDITIONAL NOTES: LANGUAGE: IELTS submitted- Applicant meets benchmarks for work experience at this skill level: B. CRIMINALITY: PA: -RCMP Screening: No reportable trace. - Police Certificates: - India: No reportable trace. All required PCs received and there seems to be no A36 concerns evident. MEDICALS: - MEDICALS NOT STARTED FOR ALL APPLICANTS ADDITIONAL NOTES: - Supporting docs appear sufficient to demonstrate required experience in this NOC code - Applicant provided various supporting documents such as school transcripts and diplomas. These documents demonstrate that the applicant has relevant education to the selected NOC. OTHER CONCERNS: - It appears that the address of the work establishment provided is residential. XXX technologies address appears to be the address of Laurel Heights Retirement Home. RECOMMENDATION: REVIEW BY OFFICER REQUIRED