+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Simon Fraser university 2017?

philus

Oct 14, 2016
any specific question? im a current student.

depends on program and session. general application for fall 2017 will be closing jan/feb. when i applied in 2013, deadline was jan 15

Tanya1617

Star Member
Nov 25, 2016
philus said:

depends on program and session. general application for fall 2017 will be closing jan/feb. when i applied in 2013, deadline was jan 15
Hi.. I have applied for MEng... N my documents were received by them in December 16.. any idea by when they start evaluating profile and announce the result?

akash72

Jan 20, 2017
philus said:

hi i have applied for masters in big data for fall 2017.. I just wanted to know what do they actually look for.... i have 8 in IELTS and a 3.7/4 in CGPA.. and i have two research papers in my name and a few projects to.. Do u think this would be sufficient in getting the admission ... and when do they actually let you know the decision.

akash72

Jan 20, 2017
Tanya1617 said:
I have applied for MEng in computer.
oh great both of us have applied to the same department.. do u know any one who is studying there who could actually help us out with the process

Tanya1617

Star Member
Nov 25, 2016
akash72 said:
oh great both of us have applied to the same department.. do u know any one who is studying there who could actually help us out with the process
No I don't know anyone..

Kumar_08

Mar 14, 2015
Hi Guys,

I am also looking to apply master of engineering (MEng) program in SFU. Please help me with the below information

1.Do i need to have a supervisor approval for this program- Meng or can i just go ahead and apply for the program and once if admitted then i have to look for the supervisor?

if yes, Can you please direct me to Supervisors of Meng program

Please provide me the web link or hyperlink to the Meng Supervisors where i can find supervisors information (email info, supervisor specialization info, .....etc)

Regards,
K

akash72

Jan 20, 2017
Kumar_08 said:
Hi Guys,

I am also looking to apply master of engineering (MEng) program in SFU. Please help me with the below information

1.Do i need to have a supervisor approval for this program- Meng or can i just go ahead and apply for the program and once if admitted then i have to look for the supervisor?

if yes, Can you please direct me to Supervisors of Meng program

Please provide me the web link or hyperlink to the Meng Supervisors where i can find supervisors information (email info, supervisor specialization info, .....etc)

Regards,
K
hey K

I don't think there MEng program is a thesis based one..... as long as it is a course work based degree you wouldn't have choose your supervisor now... once u get an admit you can do it... just check there application procedure first... they would surely tell you if u have to contact supervisors or not.... for my course i didnt require supervisor while applying.

Tanya1617

Star Member
Nov 25, 2016
philus said:

Hi.. please let me know after they have received all your documents.. how much time to they take to respond back to the application?

philus

Oct 14, 2016
im a current student in geography. if you had to identify a potential superviosr before applying, you will likely have a sense of whether you ll be admitted or not as your supervisor will either tell you there is funding or basically say he doesnt have funding but will be happy to supervise if you are admitted. for those of you worrying about funding, ill say (depending on the department) you may be lucky to survive on teaching assistantship as a single student.

admission decision should be communicated by april.may. you stand a better chance (depending on who else applies), if you have good gpa, good references and more importantly publication.

you can always shoot your potential department an email if you have an question thats not addressed on the website. you can call too.

your statement of purpose is important too.

God grant you success.

akash72

Jan 20, 2017
philus said:
im a current student in geography. if you had to identify a potential superviosr before applying, you will likely have a sense of whether you ll be admitted or not as your supervisor will either tell you there is funding or basically say he doesnt have funding but will be happy to supervise if you are admitted. for those of you worrying about funding, ill say (depending on the department) you may be lucky to survive on teaching assistantship as a single student.

admission decision should be communicated by april.may. you stand a better chance (depending on who else applies), if you have good gpa, good references and more importantly publication.

you can always shoot your potential department an email if you have an question thats not addressed on the website. you can call too.

your statement of purpose is important too.

God grant you success.
hey philus

I just wanted to know is it necessary to contact the professor for masters in big data course.... thats just a course work based degree and they havent mentioned anywhere that i need to contact the professor..... and usually for this program when do they send the application results... is it the same time as the others

philus

Oct 14, 2016
SINCE IT IS COURSE-BASED I CAN IMAGINE YOU DONT NEED TO CONTACT POTENTIAL PROF.
ADMISSIONS ARE TYPICALLY DECIDED BY THE ADMISSION OFFICE, IF I RECALL WELL I GOT MY ADMISSION SOMETIMES IN APRIL (THAT WAS 2013 THOUGH). FEEL FREE TO ASK YOUR DEPT WHEN THEY DECIDE ON ADMISSION. GOOD LUCK