+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sign petition: New Citizenship Act Bill C-24 discrimination

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Although for some of you this may be still a long way ahead but the new Citizenship Act Bill C-24 is going to affect all foreign temporary workers. In fact it discriminates against our group as we are the only group which will be affected by twice as long extension period.
I have started a petition on Change.Org here: https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/senate-of-canada-house-of-commons-mp-s-do-not-allow-the-discrimination-of-former-foreign-workers-by-the-new-canadian-citizenship-bill-c-24#

Once we have enough support and signatures I will plan to take it to media, MP's and House of Commons. Your help s crucial, please sign, forward and share on Facebook, Twitter as much as you can.

Thank you
Alex

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: New Citizenship Act Bill C-24 discrimination against former foreign workers

I see that there is not a lot of interest in this topic for the foreign workers which I find wrong. Taking the morale side of the issue aside, in a few years, after getting your PR you ALL will be affected by this new bill which will stand on your path to Canadian Citizenship...

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4

Definitely agree that we should try to raise voice. Thank you for pointing this out.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

fkl said:
Definitely agree that we should try to raise voice. Thank you for pointing this out.
160+ signatures reached in 12h. We need your vote to drive a change. Please read and sign:
https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/canada-parliament-do-not-allow-discrimination-of-former-foreign-workers-and-students-by-new-canadian-citizenship-bill-c-24

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
I already did, before posting the comment. Sharing with others only makes sense doing it with people who are in similar status and know how it affects them. Would do so

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
I already did, before posting the comment. Sharing with others only makes sense doing it with people who are in similar status and know how it affects them. Would do so
Thank you for the support! We have reached over 800 signatures over the last 36 hours. Our next goal is 5000 signatures. Soon will be the time for next steps in our fight, all signers will be notified soon, please stay tuned.
http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/senate-of-canada-house-of-commons-mp-s-do-not-allow-the-discrimination-of-former-foreign-workers-and-students-by-the-new-canadian-citizenship-bill-c-24

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
sashali78 said:
Although for some of you this may be still a long way ahead but the new Citizenship Act Bill C-24 is going to affect all foreign temporary workers. In fact it discriminates against our group as we are the only group which will be affected by twice as long extension period.
I have started a petition on Change.Org here: https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/senate-of-canada-house-of-commons-mp-s-do-not-allow-the-discrimination-of-former-foreign-workers-by-the-new-canadian-citizenship-bill-c-24#

Once we have enough support and signatures I will plan to take it to media, MP's and House of Commons. Your help s crucial, please sign, forward and share on Facebook, Twitter as much as you can.

Thank you
Alex
This new bill does not only affect the foreign workers, but also international students who applied for PR under the FSW-PhD stream. Only those are eligible to apply under the FSW-PhD stream who have passed at least 2 years towards their PhD in a recognized Canadian university. You must add it to your petition as well.

luisfigo

Nov 2, 2012
Great initiative indeed. i'm also affected. Just got my PR 3 months ago after 26months of waiting time under work permit. We invested and committed lots of time to this country and we're still willing to do so. But the idea of not counting the days before PR, knowing that it was not our fault that the process of granting PRs was so long, is simply not logical to me.

1 note: i saw a few other initiatives in this forum to signs similar petitions..maybe it's a good idea to consolidate all in order to have a great number.
We also need to target Quebec based people in a similar situation, who are mainly french speaking. A speak french so I'll copy and paste the link to the petition in all the French speaking forums I know of.

Thanks again!

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
luisfigo said:
Great initiative indeed. i'm also affected. Just got my PR 3 months ago after 26months of waiting time under work permit. We invested and committed lots of time to this country and we're still willing to do so. But the idea of not counting the days before PR, knowing that it was not our fault that the process of granting PRs was so long, is simply not logical to me.

1 note: i saw a few other initiatives in this forum to signs similar petitions..maybe it's a good idea to consolidate all in order to have a great number.
We also need to target Quebec based people in a similar situation, who are mainly french speaking. A speak french so I'll copy and paste the link to the petition in all the French speaking forums I know of.

Thanks again!
Thank you for the support! We have reached over 2000 signatures over the last 72 hours. Our next goal is 5000 signatures. We have a working group and action plan. We still need more signatures to show electoral power over the petition.
http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/senate-of-canada-house-of-commons-mp-s-do-not-allow-the-discrimination-of-former-foreign-workers-and-students-by-the-new-canadian-citizenship-bill-c-24

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
luisfigo said:

Thanks again!
We are currently at over 3000 signatures. Our message has been fully formed and published on the petition page. We have started contacting MPs and brining our message and petition to them. So far we are engaging 23 MPs, but we are looking for more volunteers to reach more. If you are ready to volunteer , contact us at : FightTheBillC24 @ outlook.com . We will be providing full document and training support for the assignees.

Support us at: https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/house-of-commons-in-parliament-of-canada-do-not-allow-unfair-treatment-of-former-foreign-workers-and-international-students-by-new-canadian-citizenship-bill-c-24