+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sigh..Born Canadian sponsoring husband OOC

LB75

Jan 12, 2024
How is it that I am a born Canadian am having such a long wait to bring my husband up from on a Spousal PR and a Visitor Visa from the Caribbean.

We applied for out of country PR pn June 11 2023

We applied for Visotors Visa November 13 2023.

We havent heard anything about the visitors visa it has not been touched or update sine theor confirmation of receipt November 14 2023.

My Husbands PR has been sitting at checking background and checking eligibility since December. Which is when we made our last payment.

Almost 5 months later and still nothing, no update no anything.

Yet my renter who migrated to Toronto 2 years was able to get her parents and brother and his wife their PR in 3 months from India.

Make it make sense please cause I am at loss for words and heartbroken at the amount of time thisnis taken.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There is zero chance that this combination of PR applications via sponsorship only took three months.
Incorrect. Some of the special humanitarian reunification streams for family members in Colombia, Haiti and Venezuela have been processed this quickly.

However not feasible for India.

Reactions: YVR123 and armoured

LB75

Jan 12, 2024
There is zero chance that this combination of PR applications via sponsorship only took three months.
I dont know what to tell you but her brother got his and his wifes in two months when he applied for the work one and her mom and dad got theirs in 3 months when they applied for the super visa for parents.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Incorrect. Some of the special humanitarian reunification streams for family members in Colombia, Haiti and Venezuela have been processed this quickly.

However not feasible for India.
Three months straight to PR status? Anyway, not the case here.

LB75

Jan 12, 2024
Super visa is not PR. Work visa is not PR.
You are right about the parents but her brother and his wife is for sure the PR they are coming to activate it and then going back to India till January when they plan on moving.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You are right about the parents but her brother and his wife is for sure the PR they are coming to activate it and then going back to India till January when they plan on moving.
That's not a sponsorship. More likely brother and his wife applied and qualified for PR on their own.

Reactions: YVR123

LB75

Jan 12, 2024
Inquire through your MP's office. Separate inquiries for TRV and PR.

Where is your spouse from?
Thank I have done that. They have confirmed that the Visitor Visa has not been touched and that the PR has until June 11 to come though as the date on the application processing says it will take them 12 months.

The date to process visitors visa went from 96 days in November to 134 days to now 176 days as of last week.

He is from Jamaica. Im also Jamaica

LB75

Jan 12, 2024
Thank I have done that. They have confirmed that the Visitor Visa has not been touched and that the PR has until June 11 to come though as the date on the application processing says it will take them 12 months.

The date to process visitors visa went from 96 days in November to 134 days to now 176 days as of last week.

He is from Jamaica. Im also Jamaican background

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
He is from Jamaica. Im also Jamaica
I unfortunately cannot find the report but in the last few months, I saw an article or relevant thing (possibly a tweet from an immigration lawyer?) that IRCC was seeing high levels of immigration fraud/fake marriages from male Jamaican applicants. I.e. sponsored by Canadian PRs or citizens and then left upon arrival in Canada, often because another relationship was ongoing.

Not saying this is your case - you're an adult - but this is the background for why such applications may take longer.

And yes, IRCC absolutely will subject applications that fit a profile found in other applications to greater scrutiny/longer processing times.

This is FWIW - I'm not the source and my info is limited.

Reactions: YVR123

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
I dont know what to tell you but her brother got his and his wifes in two months when he applied for the work one and her mom and dad got theirs in 3 months when they applied for the super visa for parents.
Different class altogether. A co-worker of mine had the company I work for sponsor his brother for a work permit, and he got his in 3 months also. He was from India

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Different class altogether. A co-worker of mine had the company I work for sponsor his brother for a work permit, and he got his in 3 months also. He was from India
Good point, people commonly confuse and don't understand that a work permit is a completely different timeline - and status.