+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sick and Tired

michael1965

Apr 24, 2018
I have spent a lot of time in China and will be content to stay there after we are married this summer I have already submitted my release and will not back off on that. Should we decide to attempt to have her meet my mother and visit my dad’s gravesite in Canada at some point in the future, what do you recommend and what is the cost. It would be a single entry ten day visa as we will have no need for anything more than that nor do we want more than that

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have spent a lot of time in China and will be content to stay there after we are married this summer I have already submitted my release and will not back off on that. Should we decide to attempt to have her meet my mother and visit my dad’s gravesite in Canada at some point in the future, what do you recommend and what is the cost. It would be a single entry ten day visa as we will have no need for anything more than that nor do we want more than that
Four refusals in two years is a lot, so I would say to wait until the end of the year at the earliest to apply again. If you are married and living with her in China at that point, then her app will already be much stronger because you, as her biggest tie, will not be here. You will want to show her ties to China and also your own. Proof that you are living in China and only visiting Canada will also be proof for her intention.

Before you start preparing that app, come back to the forum. It really is the best place to get advice. Post the entire history in full, along with the list of documents that you will be submitting in the application. People will then be able to help you make as strong of an app as possible, let you know about any additional docs to include, stuff to leave out that could be harmful to the app etc. And listen to Bryanna :). She is one of the most active forum members for advising on TRV apps; she has helped many people with refusals eventually get approved.

As well, once you are married, if you do consider coming back to Canada, know that spousal sponsorship is a VERY different process than a TRV. Living with her in China, you guys would have no issues proving a genuine relationship and her being approved for PR.

The system is far from perfect and good people do get screwed over even when they have the best intentions. I do hope it works out for you.

Reactions: Bryanna

michael1965

Apr 24, 2018
Ok. Thank you. Appreciate your words. That is our plan now to wait a few years in China and then consider trying again to have her visit my family. Most of my family have told her that they will travel to China to meet her except for my mother who is 79. We have accepted that my mother considering her health may never meet her but not much we can do about that. The entire process has been very disappointing and disheartening to be treated with such suspicion.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ok. Thank you. Appreciate your words. That is our plan now to wait a few years in China and then consider trying again to have her visit my family. Most of my family have told her that they will travel to China to meet her except for my mother who is 79. We have accepted that my mother considering her health may never meet her but not much we can do about that. The entire process has been very disappointing and disheartening to be treated with such suspicion.
You don't need to wait a few years to apply again. Establish yourselves in China and then apply.

If your mother is close to the border, maybe have your partner try for a US visa and meet her there.

michael1965

Apr 24, 2018
Thank you for your advise.

I did a little research and both Chinese and Canadians are allowed in the Bahamas without a visa. So travel plans have changed and my family will travel to the Bahamas next week so we can meet. My family is also considering spitting on a timeshare there if possible, so we can meet without worrying about a visa more often.

And this morning I was offered a job interview for China

So, as it turns out we don't have to worry about access to Canada and will instead focus on places in the world that welcomes both of us.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
It is most unfortunate your girlfriend was refused. I simply cannot imagine that your lawyer advised you to include medical reports to prove your girlfriend was not pregnant + to include criminal records of yourself and your mom. Positively ridiculous! If you want to take action for the situation you're in, it should be against your lawyer for giving you super ridiculous advice and not against IRCC.

TRV refusals are extremely common in such situations. Do look around this forum and you will find several examples.

Visa officers are only doing their job and they follow a set of assessment criteria and the 'Balance of probabilities'. Your girlfriend, unfortunately, did not present a strong application even though you might think the contrary. And, thanks to the absurd advice given by your lawyer, her application didn't come across as a genuine, short-term visitor.

However, what's done, cannot be undone. Trust us when we say your situation is not as bad as you might believe it is. IMO, you're unnecessarily giving it all up. And consequently, your plans for the future (your family would need to travel to China/Bahamas) + your mom won't be able to meet your girlfriend + other incorrect assumptions (if I may say) are based on an incorrect assumption that your girlfriend won't be granted a TRV.

I'm pretty confident your girlfriend will be granted a TRV. She has pretty good chances of getting one.

You would need to step back and re-look at her applications with an absolutely open mind and without any bitterness. We can help. I will definitely try to help her to get a TRV.

If she is successful, hopefully, it would change your perception of IRCC, give you a better understanding of the visa process (in case you'd like to apply for her spousal PR in the future), besides it would make everyone in your world very happy.

BTW there was someone who was trying to bring his Filipino girlfriend and he didn't give up even after five refusals. And, another guy who is currently trying to bring his brother - eights refusals so far - but no signs of giving up!

Don't give up. Your girlfriend can get a TRV :)

Reactions: mourinho

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Before you start preparing that app, come back to the forum. It really is the best place to get advice. Post the entire history in full, along with the list of documents that you will be submitting in the application. People will then be able to help you make as strong of an app as possible, let you know about any additional docs to include, stuff to leave out that could be harmful to the app etc. And listen to Bryanna :). She is one of the most active forum members for advising on TRV apps; she has helped many people with refusals eventually get approved.
Yeah, my two grey cells enjoy looking for the gaps + assessing the strong and weak points in a TRV application. The more challenging and difficult the TRV refusal case, the more I'm interested. And, when someone gets his/her TRV then I'm happy that I could help :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yeah, my two grey cells enjoy looking for the gaps + assessing the strong and weak points in a TRV application. The more challenging and difficult the TRV refusal case, the more I'm interested. And, when someone gets his/her TRV then I'm happy that I could help :)
:)

michael1965

Apr 24, 2018
Thank you. If we decide to reapply at some point I will definitely reach out for help. For now we are going to focus on making a life for us in China and give it some time. Both of us are tired from the process right now and just need to step back. I have a job interview by for a position in China this weekend to work with a school there. Was a teacher years ago so might be a nice change. She is also looking into what it will take for me to get PR in China. I currently have a seven year multiple entry visa with permission to stay two months at a time. At any rate will focus now on a life in China. Might try to bring her home for Christmas and maybe if I don’t have a life anymore in Canada it might help.

Singh_299652

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
@michael1965
Firstly,
Worst things can happen to best of people for no obvious reasons, Second, most people, even the ones you don’t think care, are genuinely good people who do care. And finally, just as it is difficult to see all the opportunities life gives you until you’re looking back, it is virtually impossible to fully understand certain life circumstances until they actually happen to you.
Have faith, eventually things will change again, it always does.

michael1965

Apr 24, 2018
I will be arriving in China in early September with a marriage date set for November 6. After four refusals, is there any point in even trying to request a two week visit over Christmas for my wife to meet my family in Canada. We fully understand that because of our relationship they will be concerned that we may try to remain in Canada, and we accept the fact that Canada has no obligation to accept her in Canada - and after four refusals, she now has next to zero interest in visiting Canada other than to see my mother. We were honest with IRCC and they treated her as a liar and unfortunately judged her based on social demographic data of what people similar to her in similar situations would do We have accepted this, which is why we are going to live in China, as China will grant me a one year visa to remain with family that can be renewed each year. What can we do to have Immigration and Citizenship Canada recognize that we both sufficiently hate Canada enough that we have no desire to be in the country any longer than necessary to meet family.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
I will be arriving in China in early September with a marriage date set for November 6. After four refusals, is there any point in even trying to request a two week visit over Christmas for my wife to meet my family in Canada. We fully understand that because of our relationship they will be concerned that we may try to remain in Canada, and we accept the fact that Canada has no obligation to accept her in Canada - and after four refusals, she now has next to zero interest in visiting Canada other than to see my mother. We were honest with IRCC and they treated her as a liar and unfortunately judged her based on social demographic data of what people similar to her in similar situations would do We have accepted this, which is why we are going to live in China, as China will grant me a one year visa to remain with family that can be renewed each year. What can we do to have Immigration and Citizenship Canada recognize that we both sufficiently hate Canada enough that we have no desire to be in the country any longer than necessary to meet family.
Have you ever thought about sponsoring your spouse for PR? Since you have Canadian Citizenship, you do not need to go back to Canada and can continue to stay in China during the process. Outland sponsorship are typically much faster than inland.

michael1965

Apr 24, 2018
With four refusals already we figured that IRCC would just regard a PR application as proof that her only intention was to find a way into Canada. For now, a simple visitors visa is all we need to see family. We are trying to honour that fact that Canada has no obligation to her, while at the same time protecting her integrity as a proud Chinese National, who does not want to be regarded as just another person trying to get into Canada.