+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I Write a Letter of Explanation?

Qccc

May 16, 2019
I am about to apply for PR via EE, and noticed that the date of my original entry to Canada in my PGWP application was incorrect. I used the earliest date stamped on my current passport, which was actually my second entry to Canada. The first entry was stamped on my old passport which has been kept at my parent's place in my home country and only found recently.

I am going to use the date of my first entry for my PR application, but I'm unsure whether I should write a letter of explanation or not. I'm worried that the letter might raise unnecessary concerns and slow down the processing. Or should I submit a webform to correct the date before submitting my PR application? Your input is greatly appreciated!

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
I can only speak to myself personally, I wouldn’t really raise it as you have corrected this in your PR application and this is a minor detail that doesn’t affect things. I forgot a US entry (transit, a few hours) in a TRv application once and then added it in subsequently applications, never got in trouble for it, and that’s arguably more material than your situation.

Qccc

May 16, 2019
I can only speak to myself personally, I wouldn’t really raise it as you have corrected this in your PR application and this is a minor detail that doesn’t affect things. I forgot a US entry (transit, a few hours) in a TRv application once and then added it in subsequently applications, never got in trouble for it, and that’s arguably more material than your situation.
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences!