+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I worry because of surname difference before ITA?

subbu@llb

Sep 19, 2020
Hi friends
I have completed ECA by WES for my wife's certificates. Surname is given by WES as it is in degrees but passport surname is different (my surname).
I am creating profile on IRCC website and this stopped me. Is it ok to go ahead at this profile creation phase? Will it create problems and any chances of profile rejection on these grounds?
Pls help.
Thanks.

subbu@llb

Sep 19, 2020
Hi
Can someone please clarify this?
My wife's surname on Passport and ECA reports are different. Shall I proceed with creating profile?

Please remember it's not ITA stage. In case if I get ITA, I will be able to provide marriage certificate to support the case.

Thanks a lot.

maheshmit

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hi friends
I have completed ECA by WES for my wife's certificates. Surname is given by WES as it is in degrees but passport surname is different (my surname).
I am creating profile on IRCC website and this stopped me. Is it ok to go ahead at this profile creation phase? Will it create problems and any chances of profile rejection on these grounds?
Pls help.
Thanks.
You can proceed and create the profile by using the surname as in the passport. Post ITA, while submitting documents, include a one and the same affidavit (notarized) along with a LOE to explain the difference in names. That should be enough.

My name in Educational certificates and passport are different. I followed the same method and got my PR without any issues.

subbu@llb

Sep 19, 2020
You can proceed and create the profile by using the surname as in the passport. Post ITA, while submitting documents, include a one and the same affidavit (notarized) along with a LOE to explain the difference in names. That should be enough.

My name in Educational certificates and passport are different. I followed the same method and got my PR without any issues.

HI Mahesh,
Thanks for the reply. Do you have any idea about this profile related doubt.

I am creating profile on IRCC Express Entry for Alberta province as it is my target. Do I need to select only Alberta for this or can I select other provinces also? In fact, my NOC 5123 has good opportunities in BC and Ontario. But I am not able to apply directly to them as they are asking for job offer. So Alberta is the only choice. But recently a consultant told me that I can choose BC and Ontario provinces also in EE profile so that they can select from Express Entry pool sometimes. Is it true? Shall I select Alberta, BC and Ontario as my provinces. Can Alberta consider my EE profile in such case?
Thanks in advance