+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I stay or should I OOPNP?

stephanos

Jun 21, 2015
Hey folks!

I just received an invitation to the OOPNP (Opportunities Ontario: Provincial Nominee Program), but I'm not sure what to do: I have a score of 410, so odds are not soo great to be selected for ITA. Right? So I'm wondering:

• What are the odds of being nominated if you have no ties to Canada/Ontario whatsoever?
  • Can I withdraw my profile and re-enter it to be (possibly) nominated again in a few months?

Any help is much appreciated! I don't want to waste 1500 CAD :(

Stephan

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stephanos said:
Hey folks!

I just received an invitation to the OOPNP (Opportunities Ontario: Provincial Nominee Program), but I'm not sure what to do: I have a score of 413, so odds are not soo great to be selected for ITA. Right? So I'm wondering:

• What are the odds of being nominated if you have no ties to Canada/Ontario whatsoever?

They haven't explicitly mentioned anywhere that this is a rejection (or selection) criteria. It is a good-to-have but not a must have. The only way to find this out is by waiting out and watching the forum to see other applicants' results. You do have 45 days starting today to choose to accept or ignore this PT.

• Can I withdraw my profile and re-enter it to be (possibly) nominated again in a few months?

Unlikely to happen. They do have access to some parts if not your entire EE profile and they are not likely to invite people who reject their PTs or let them lapse even if you create a fresh profile down the line (primary keys would stay the same, right). Of course, this is speculation based on known facts.

[/list]

Any help is much appreciated! I don't want to waste 1500 CAD :(

Stephan

Russian

May 14, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Stephan

I have the similar situation. 415 points + PT invitation + no ties to Ontario.

My actions:

1) I found several friends who live in Toronto on different forums. We are communicating through skype and mail. I'll mention their contacts in my letter to Ontario.
2) I applied to several jobs in Toronto and I'll attach the mailing with these companies.
3) I applied for bridging program in Toronto. Wait for the answer. I'll attach their letter also.
4) I found the tool named "live in Canada" which helps you fill the settlement plan. This settlement plan can also be attached to the application.

Hope it will help you

Regards, Russian

patricia9

Mar 25, 2014
Russian said:
Hi Stephan

My actions:

1) I found several friends who live in Toronto on different forums. We are communicating through skype and mail. I'll mention their contacts in my letter to Ontario.
2) I applied to several jobs in Toronto and I'll attach the mailing with these companies.
3) I applied for bridging program in Toronto. Wait for the answer. I'll attach their letter also.
4) I found the tool named "live in Canada" which helps you fill the settlement plan. This settlement plan can also be attached to the application.

Hope it will help you

Regards, Russian
Can you share link to the tool "Live in Canada".

s.abuhass

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Russian said:
Hi Stephan

My actions:

Hope it will help you

Regards, Russian
Hello there,
I have received an invitation to apply too but only submitted one letter of connection to a friend with a copy of his employment letter, bank account and a scan of his passport. Added to the same for the only family connection I have! Would that be enough form me ?
I have other friends in Canada since high school but they could not manage to get me employment letters or copy of their bank accounts letters due to privacy issues ! should I ask them only for a connection letter and add it to my profile ? knowing that my assessment results for Ontario Provincial program are expected by the end of March!