+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I include my work experience with the current employer while studying full time?

djam_0339

Nov 8, 2022
Hello everyone!

I am gathering my proof of work experience from my current employer who I have also worked with as a co-op intern for 4 months and part time for 6 months during my last year of studies. After my studies finished, I was offered a full time position on which basis I am applying for my CEC application. I have mentioned these 4 and 6 months experience in my Personal Activities form as well.

I was wondering if I should ask my employer to include my co-op and part-time experience details within the document or just ask him to make a document dated of my full-time position?

Thank you!

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
For the CEC application, none of the work experience you did while still enrolled in studies will count. So you have to make sure that the 12 months needed for CEC was done after you completed your studies. Since they don't count towards CEC, the employer can include it or not, doesn't matter. Make sure your experience calculation is correct. VERY IMPORTANT!!!

djam_0339

Nov 8, 2022
For the CEC application, none of the work experience you did while still enrolled in studies will count. So you have to make sure that the 12 months needed for CEC was done after you completed your studies. Since they don't count towards CEC, the employer can include it or not, doesn't matter. Make sure your experience calculation is correct. VERY IMPORTANT!!!
Thank you very much for your reply! I started the position on June 13th 2022 so 12 months have been accumulated for my full time position.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Yes. All of my grades were posted on May 4, 2002 and then I submitted my PGWP application on May 9th, 2022
Great, then you are good to go for CEC. For simplicity, I would leave off the co-op info on the job letter and stick to the full time role details. Disclosing the co-op in the work history is exactly where it should be.

djam_0339

Nov 8, 2022
Great, then you are good to go for CEC. For simplicity, I would leave off the co-op info on the job letter and stick to the full time role details. Disclosing the co-op in the work history is exactly where it should be.
Sounds good! thank you for your quick responses!