+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

should I include all work history from the same organization in "Work History" section of EE profile?

immigrantrsp

Mar 18, 2023
Hi everyone,

I was filling out my Express Entry profile and am confused about whether I should include all my work history with the same organization. So basically, I began working for my current company where I work at as a Junior Developer and I worked in that position for a year. Recently, I got promoted to Full Stack Developer but I am not sure if should I include both of those experiences in the same company separately, just the experience of Junior Developer or if I include the work experience until now as a Full Stack Developer. Please guide :)

Thanks

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi everyone,

I was filling out my Express Entry profile and am confused about whether I should include all my work history with the same organization. So basically, I began working for my current company where I work at as a Junior Developer and I worked in that position for a year. Recently, I got promoted to Full Stack Developer but I am not sure if should I include both of those experiences in the same company separately, just the experience of Junior Developer or if I include the work experience until now as a Full Stack Developer. Please guide :)

Thanks
If the NOC code is the same, then mention the current role/title under the whole duration

if the NOCcode has changed, then mention both roles/titles under their own duration

remember, adding two roles at the same company, will require two reference letters.

immigrantrsp

Mar 18, 2023
If the NOC code is the same, then mention the current role/title under the whole duration

if the NOCcode has changed, then mention both roles/titles under their own duration

remember, adding two roles at the same company, will require two reference letters.

immigrantrsp

Mar 18, 2023
I worked in 2 roles under the same company, and both these roles (Junior Developer and Full-Stack Developer)come under the classification of NOC code 21234, Web Developer and Programmers. Do I still need a reference letter for these roles separately even though they come under the same level of the NOC Code? I am deciding to use my current role of Full Stack Developer under my work history.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
I worked in 2 roles under the same company, and both these roles (Junior Developer and Full-Stack Developer)come under the classification of NOC code 21234, Web Developer and Programmers. Do I still need a reference letter for these roles separately even though they come under the same level of the NOC Code? I am deciding to use my current role of Full Stack Developer under my work history.
If you are using "Full Stack Developer" under work history, just show the reference letter for that.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
If you are using "Full Stack Developer" under work history, just show the reference letter for that.
Dude! IRCC clearly says "mention all positions you've worked for". And, you are asking is to ignore that advice, I've spoken to RCICs about this and I can confidently say that this is not a standard practice. It is very easy to get an employment letter with multiple responsibilities and duration from an employer. You claim the MAIN NOC Code, but you don't use the main NOC code job title for all experience under an employer! You don't lie on papers.

Don't trust this poor advice. Book a call with a RCIC to get those doubts cleared, it'll hardly cost you $100. Otherwise, there are people here who'll easily get your application rejected. They don't have bad intentions, they just don't know what they are talking about. Anecdotally, IRCC rarely does employment verification, but what if they did it in your case. You could be rejected and banned for misrepresentation.

Reactions: rcincanada2019

Sonamanbeh

Aug 1, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2022
Nomination.....
28-09-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
Med's Done....
24-11-2022
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2023
I had a similar situation. So here is what I'd recommend. If you're claiming points only for one role and only for the duration you worked in that role, you only need the Ref letter for that role only. For example, if you worked 2 years as junior dev and 3 years as full stack dev and you only want to claim points for the three years of full stack dev, you only need a ref for that role and the other role simply goes into your personal history and not work experience. However, if you want to claim points for the duration of both roles, your ref letter must mention both roles and the duration you worked in each role. You do not need two ref letters if your duties in both roles are same. You can mention both roles in a single ref letter. Also in work history, you need to mention both roles in that case.