+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I go through with the arranged marriage? [I'm looking for some advice]

lostperson34

Dec 2, 2021
So i couldn't find a forum to post on, so i decided my friends at Canadavisa can help me out.

So i'm getting an arranged marriage and the girl genuinely does not seem interested in me as a person but more about her life becoming better because of this marriage. My question is should I continue with this marriage? If I say no, it will burn a lot of bridges with relatives. But I haven't looked for other girls, I blindly said yes and the girl and she seems not interested in me as a person but more interested in her own needs. It seems like she trying hard not to ruin the relationship before I come to her country to visit her, I can tell when talking to her she tries to say nothing offensive and is on her best behaviour.

My question is if I go away from this girl I will burn a lot of bridges with relatives and If I stay with her, I don't think she seems interested and marriage is a huge commitment. I just need advice from others, I'm so confused on what to do. So i hope you great people, can guide me, thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So i couldn't find a forum to post on, so i decided my friends at Canadavisa can help me out.

So i'm getting an arranged marriage and the girl genuinely does not seem interested in me as a person but more about her life becoming better because of this marriage. My question is should I continue with this marriage? If I say no, it will burn a lot of bridges with relatives. But I haven't looked for other girls, I blindly said yes and the girl and she seems not interested in me as a person but more interested in her own needs. It seems like she trying hard not to ruin the relationship before I come to her country to visit her, I can tell when talking to her she tries to say nothing offensive and is on her best behaviour.

My question is if I go away from this girl I will burn a lot of bridges with relatives and If I stay with her, I don't think she seems interested and marriage is a huge commitment. I just need advice from others, I'm so confused on what to do. So i hope you great people, can guide me, thanks.
If you have these concerns before the marriage just imagine when things get stressful. Unfortunately many may be more interested in immigrating versus the marriage. Would personally trust my gut. If you don’t have a good feeling now it isn’t likely to get better. Would it be possible to say that you need more time to get to know each other. Think that it is a reasonable request for such a large commitment. Her reaction and the family’s reaction may give you more insight on whether she will make a good partner. Although you may burn some bridges living in a bad marriage or going through a divorce are also very painful. I understand that in an arranged marriage you may be looking considering different things than a love marriage where you already have a relationship but you should be able to Imagine being able to live with the person, having shared goals, having personalities that go well together, etc. Moving to another country can be very stressful so you also need to consider whether a potential spouse will be able to adapt to new surroundings, will be a good partner given that in Canada women usually need to work and both partners need to help around the home, will you both be willing to support each other throughout many of life challenges, etc. Best of luck.