+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should i choose a certificate or a fast track diploma in biotechnology /food S ?

naz92

Jul 17, 2015
Hello

Im from morocco , i have a 2 years diploma in food science + 1 year ( a Professional Licence ) in food science too so 3 years of study after high school in total.

I want to apply for a biotechnology fast track diploma in centennial college but im afraid to have a visa refusal for wrong courses/level of studies .

Should i try a certificate or even MS , apperently the BSC=4 years and i have a total of 3 years after high school because morocco follow a french system (Licence=3 years ) not the english one (Bachelor = 4 years) in graduation .

what can you advise me please ???

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VAC, Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
Hi naz,

It's not everyday I get to meet someone who's also in food science! :) I have 6 years of undergrad in total. Before I came to Canada, I finished my BSc (4 years) in management (yes, it's a business course!) to do a 2-year diploma in Food Technology. As long as you are able to provide a sound explanation for your career track, you have chances in getting your study permit :)

From what I read on Centennial's page, you only need a minimum of a college diploma. I think your 2-year diploma will be enough to be admitted into the program. I don't think you can qualify for an MSc because they usually require you to have a BSc to be eligible.

If you are planning on staying in Canada after you study, I suggest you go for a BSc or a 2-year diploma instead. Niagara College has a special program called Culinary Innovation and Food Technology, which is a 3-year Advanced Diploma program. It's fairly new but I have heard a lot of great things about it! It's a co-op program as well so you will have work experience built in.

FYI, I'm not a promoter or an agent from Niagara College, I was able to attend a talk last year by their program head. Not only will you have a better looking resume, you can also be eligible for a 3-year post-graduate work permit after you graduate, instead of only 1 year if you take the fast-track course at Centennial. Maybe it's something you'd like to consider :)

dental15

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can go both.. if you wish.

I studied food & nutrition Acutally, I studied many things... like biochemistry, organic chemistry, physical chemistry, enviroment science, food science, chemical lab... etc...

If you want to study longer, go for diploma..