+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I apply under federal skilled worker?

moizuddin81

Feb 15, 2009
Hi Friends,

I am in great dilemma whether to apply under federal skilled worker. please clear my doubts.

1. I first applied for skilled worker in 2005,. In August 2008, my application was rejected at buffalo, ny after the interview because in the end i had 1 point lacking.

2. i then immediately reapplied but they sent it back saying that they are not accepting the applications at buffalo, ny and told me to send it to CPC, sydney.

3. I did the same. i now got my application with all the supporting docs saying that i enclosed wrong fees. i paid 465 US $ because that was the correct fees at that time. Since they overhauled the whole immigration criteria, they want 550 canadian dollars. i am ready to do that also.

4. the problem is my experience and occupation does not fall in the 38 list of the new NOC list. i am in the IT field but my NOC number is not 0213. should i take a chance and apply?

5. As i understand, now i only need to send the forms, payment, passport copy and the mailing labels. Am i right?

By the way, what are these mailing labels. where can i buy them?

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moizuddin,
What is it exactly that you do in the IT field?. This is a very VAST field with different specializations. Can you be a bit specific, because that will help a lot of people to answer your question.

moizuddin81

Feb 15, 2009
Thank you so much for the replies guys. I appreciate it. Yes, I have that 1 point. I have 70 points now. For 2 years, I worked as a technical support rep. in hardware, software and ISP support. the noc for that is 2282. for 6 months, i worked as a Technical Account manager for an IT firm. currently, i am working as a software qa analyst. this is my background. my current noc code would be 2283. so do u guys still think i should apply?

I. have an overall 8 in ielts which i took this year. everything is ready with me but the overhaul in the immigration system has messed my chances.

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
Why did they reject your application for fees? Their website still shows USD465:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/fees_frais_usd.aspx?lang=eng

Could you please give me an official link that confirms that USD465 is not correct?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

nomad_musafir said:
Why did they reject your application for fees? Their website still shows USD465:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/fees_frais_usd.aspx?lang=eng

Could you please give me an official link that confirms that USD465 is not correct?
Please Please don't confuse people, if you read the instruction for FSW1 at www.cic.gc.ca where the applications go to CIU Sydney the fee MUST be in $CAN.

PMM

oicur0t

Feb 16, 2009
From my perspective that shows only 6 months work experience in a valid job. Unless your duties can be shown to match the duties in the correct category.... Write down what you did in the other roles and compare to the NOC listed category.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
My Understanding is that you have not gone through the papers in detail.
download the General instruction for FSW and Visa office spec instructions and read them.
Take help from an Immigration lawyer.That is the best option for you now.