+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I apply for revaluation in IELTS

PREMMJJII

Oct 24, 2014
Hi all,
I took IELTS on OCT 11 Academic module from British Council.I have overall 6.5 score in IELTS with L-7.5 R-6.5 W-5.5 S-6.5 . I am very dissatisfied with the result. I was supposed to get the result by the date of oct 24. Instead I got them on Nov 4. When I enquired about the delay, they(BC) said that its part of quality assurance and all. Moreover i did very well in the writing module but got only 5.5. Should I apply for reevaluation?? I am pretty sure that I wrote well. But i read in some article that the delay in result is generally because of the double analysis of the report. I am really confused. Guys please assist me with any kind of details as I don't get any help in the place where I live. Thanks in advance.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PREMMJJII said:
Hi all,
I took IELTS on OCT 11 Academic module from British Council.I have overall 6.5 score in IELTS with L-7.5 R-6.5 W-5.5 S-6.5 . I am very dissatisfied with the result. I was supposed to get the result by the date of oct 24. Instead I got them on Nov 4. When I enquired about the delay, they(BC) said that its part of quality assurance and all. Moreover i did very well in the writing module but got only 5.5. Should I apply for reevaluation?? I am pretty sure that I wrote well. But i read in some article that the delay in result is generally because of the double analysis of the report. I am really confused. Guys please assist me with any kind of details as I don't get any help in the place where I live. Thanks in advance.
It's best for you to retake the exam - it's the fastest way.

Applying for a reevaluation takes time and if there are no changes - it further delays you.

PREMMJJII

Oct 24, 2014
:( yes.. you are right. But is it possible to apply to any university or college for my score?? Thanks for your reply. :-*

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PREMMJJII said:
:( yes.. you are right. But is it possible to apply to any university or college for my score?? Thanks for your reply. :-*
Most schools require a 6 or a 6.5

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PREMMJJII said:
:eek: That is so sad! Thanks for your reply. I will take IELTS again.
Good Luck - You're score is close, you are almost there!