+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I accept this ITA if I receive it before my full experience?

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
I currently have 445 points and got ITA today.

I received my ITA in my 23 months 2 weeks (CIC system thinks i am 2 years already) of work experience. I would like to claim 2 years for the 445 points .

Should I reject this ITA? Or I can use this ITA but only submit all the PR application after my 24 months (2 years) ? Since we have 60 days to submit.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......

I received my ITA in my 23 months 2 weeks (CIC system thinks i am 2 years already) of work experience. I would like to claim 2 years for the 445 points .

Should I reject this ITA? Or I can use this ITA but only submit all the PR application after my 24 months (2 years) ? Since we have 60 days to submit.
Preferably wait till you reach 2 full years, 24 months, and only then ask for work reference letter so that the date on the letter reflects that.

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020

Hi @a16107 May I ask how did you proceed? Is it ok to wait until exact 2-year work experience to submit the documents? Or we have to decline the ITA and wait until the 2-year anniversary?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi @a16107 May I ask how did you proceed? Is it ok to wait until exact 2-year work experience to submit the documents? Or we have to decline the ITA and wait until the 2-year anniversary?
You can accept but submit your application after the 2 year anniversary. Make sure your reference letter is dated after you achieved 2 years worth of experience. Then add letter of explanation.

You may further refer to this tweet from IRCC. Similar to your case.

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
You can accept but submit your application after the 2 year anniversary. Make sure your reference letter is dated after you achieved 2 years worth of experience. Then add letter of explanation.

You may further refer to this tweet from IRCC. Similar to your case.

Thanks. That makes it a lot easier. Is the date of the reference letter mandatory in this case? The HR issued one to me several days ago and made a specification on the starting and ending date (in another 2 years in the future) of my position. Also I will attach all the paystub until 2-year working anniversary. Not sure if that works.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Thanks. That makes it a lot easier. Is the date of the reference letter mandatory in this case? The HR issued one to me several days ago and made a specification on the starting and ending date (in another 2 years in the future) of my position. Also I will attach all the paystub until 2-year working anniversary. Not sure if that works.
Just my opinion, I think its better to date the reference letter after the 2 year work anniversary.

Aug 29, 2020

any update ? i am in same boat