+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I accept ITA even if I am missing documents?

rafaelmaraver

Jan 5, 2016
Hello all,

I received my ITA December18 2015, however, I am not sure whether to accept it or not because I don't have all the documents ready. I am missing the ECA update with my latest diploma (earned in December 2015) which I immediately update in the system and that is probably why I got the invitation, and also the FBI records.

What I have on my hands are my previous ECA that states I was about the graduate, my IELTS test, and medical records.

Please let me know what you think, these are my alternatives:

1. Decline, get back to the pool, and pray I will be selected again.
2. Accept and send what I have and a letter explaining I will send the other documents when available
3. what other alternative you think?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As you have at least 460 points, you can safely decline the ITA. You'll receive another ITA by Feb '16.

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
Yes you can decline ITA if docs are not ready. But please do not apply to EE until your docs are not ready. You have already wasted one ITA. Someone else would have got the chance. Sorry for my words but people are working real hard to get one.

Skyler White

Jun 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rafaelmaraver said:
you are right :-[. when I decline, will I automatically go back to the pool or I have to do my profile from zero?
Hey don't worry. Your score is decent so in all probability you would get another ITA.
Also, it is advisable that you decline currently, since it may show the application in a negative light (misrepresentation of facts) in case you do not have the latest documents available with you.

You do not have to start your profile from scratch even if you decline. Simultaneously, do start your process of acquiring the updated ECA.

Good Luck!

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
I might as well ask this question here, since it is now relevant to me as well- but when can we expect the next (first of this year) draw?

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aragorn165 said:
I might as well ask this question here, since it is now relevant to me as well- but when can we expect the next (first of this year) draw?
Based on 2015, (if the trend of a draw every fortnight holds), then the next one may be on 20th January. Otherwise its anyone's guess.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aragorn165 said:
1st draw of the year was reported earlier in the week. Cutoff of 461 and 1400+ ITAs.

KingOfGoodTimes

Mar 10, 2015
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 July 2015
Nomination.....
ITA : 26 June 2015
AOR Received.
EE: 04 July 2015 (Auto AOR)
Med's Done....
EE: Passed 15-July-2015
Passport Req..
DEC 24th :)
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
rafaelmaraver said:
Hello all,

I received my ITA December18 2015, however, I am not sure whether to accept it or not because I don't have all the documents ready. I am missing the ECA update with my latest diploma (earned in December 2015) which I immediately update in the system and that is probably why I got the invitation, and also the FBI records.

What I have on my hands are my previous ECA that states I was about the graduate, my IELTS test, and medical records.

Please let me know what you think, these are my alternatives:

1. Decline, get back to the pool, and pray I will be selected again.
2. Accept and send what I have and a letter explaining I will send the other documents when available
3. what other alternative you think?
I fist got a ITA in may 2015 , declined again got a ITA in June , I was hastly in declining , I git the document I needed on the 59th day (for the MAy ITA) . I didn think I could get it and declined it on the 30th day!

in hindsight every applicant in May got their PPR in 3-4 months !! I had to wait whole 6 months cos of the refugee influx!
So I would advice you to hold on to the ITA till the last movement possible, if you are very sure you wont get the document then get back to the pool !

You have 460 which is good!

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....