IELTS BC Exam Date 4th August 2016

Result Witheld for 3+ months

Released on 18 November 2016

Score
Writing 8.5 :eek:
Reading 6.5 :eek:
Listening 8.0
Speaking 7.0

I have given IELTS many a times 4+ (all IDP's)
WRITING - Always struggled = Constantly scored 6.5 (max once 7.0)
READING - Always Outperformed = Constantly scored >8.0 (max once 9.0)

COULD THEY HAVE INTERCHANGED THE SCORES (Reading/Writing) WHILE PRINTING ?

SHOULD I TRY FOR RE-EVALUATION ?

Note: I have already wasted money in re-evaluation before with IDP.
Note: This result was withheld for 3+ months for quality checking.
Note: As far as I remember, I performed average in Reading in this exam, but can not believe less than 7.0 band
Note: I have been allowed by BC (after mail request) to apply for re-checking in next one week max.

Anishcool

Apr 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Kadian,

I feel you. Your situation is indigestible for now. As far as I know, revaluation does not help to boost scores for Listening and Reading modules, where the answers are objective one's. Hope some thing should turn up good for you post the rechecking.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Wow such scumbags.

What did you do?

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Scummbags!! Look Im a journalist I told them on their fb page that I would uncover their wrongdoings in an article and a petition there are lots of people that are treated really unfair in this process!!! We are followig their rules, but they can do what they want.

Ascent

May 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
astralsource said:
Scummbags!! Look Im a journalist I told them on their fb page that I would uncover their wrongdoings in an article and a petition there are lots of people that are treated really unfair in this process!!! We are followig their rules, but they can do what they want.
Please share FB page link.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Ascent said:
Please share FB page link.
https://www.facebook.com/britishcouncil/posts/10152423975225665

we should start a petition

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/the-right-to-ielts-result

share the petition

Rich03

Star Member
Dec 12, 2016
As a native English speaker you'd think my results would be quite good, if not very good. I'm 100% positive I got all the listening and reading answers correct. I even had 10 mins spare to triple check my answers, it wasn't difficult for me (as you'd imagine) and yes I did practice beforehand just to understand the test structures. Yet I got 7.5 and 8 respectively. That works out at 3-5 questions wrong per test! Absolutely no way this is right.

Even booking the test with the British Council was painful. I booked for the 7th Jan, only to be told 3 days before the test that my speaking test would be a week later on the 13th Jan at a different location. I phoned them to explain that I would be away that week for business, but it wasn't 100% confirmed. I was rudely told I had to produce flight tickets as proof for them to change the test date! I'm pretty sure I was the one paying for the test on the date of my choice......

The speaking examiner tried his best to catch me out as well I feel. If I wasn't a native speaker, I'd be finding the questions very difficult to get a good score I have to say. He spent time flicking back and forth between his test booklet, which was distracting to say the least.

They also withheld my results, but luckily I got them a few days ago. Disappointed with the results, but it's enough for my applications. They won't be seeing any more money of mine either.

To summarise, the British Council do not deserve the word 'British' in their name. It's a shambles and total mockery. I feel the pain of those who have to chase and deal with them, let alone pay their hard earned money more than once.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Native English speakers tend to score lower than recent English speakers. This is due to overconfidence and lack of preparation. They don't realise that using language daily is much different from sitting in a test centre for 3 hours continuously.

Beltex

Star Member
Jan 24, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
xpressentry said:
Native English speakers tend to score lower than recent English speakers. This is due to overconfidence and lack of preparation. They don't realise that using language daily is much different from sitting in a test centre for 3 hours continuously.
In that case the test is clearly not fit for purpose!

Beltex

Star Member
Jan 24, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
CanadianPRbeku said:
And what cant be done about it except ranting in such forums..prepare again and give exam again if the only recourse i guess
True - but when I got my PR there was no requirement for a test if English or French was your native tongue. Someone, somewhere and for some reason best known to themselves must have decided that simply wasn't good enough if you want to live in Canada!

BTW I think sometimes a good rant does you good ;)

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Beltex said:
True - but when I got my PR there was no requirement for a test if English or French was your native tongue. Someone, somewhere and for some reason best known to themselves must have decided that simply wasn't good enough if you want to live in Canada!

BTW I think sometimes a good rant does you good ;)
I think this is a fair system where everyone has to give language tests irrespective where you come from. English is my first language. I have completed all my studies in English. I even do mental maths in English. I have been living in the UK for the past 7 years. However, I come from India, which is a non-native English speaking country. Even though English is my first language, I have to give language tests only because of the country I come from.

nice222

Star Member
Mar 17, 2017
Hi Kadian

I was just reading your forum

I was wondering, did they send you an email or notification that they have with held your results because of quality issues?

Or did they just keep quiet?

The reason I'm asking you this is because, my results were suppose to come out yesterday, but we are yet to receive as a centre.

I'm so so so gutted as I need the results ASAP to launch my application

Gosh! can't even imagine if they hold them for 3 months :mad: :( :eek: :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(