+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Shame on you Canada Immigration!

***()***

Star Member
Apr 14, 2011
PUNJAB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, We found out from our MP's office a week ago that the visa for our step-daughter was issued. We had made numerous inquiries, but did not get any answers ourselves. They told us the visa would be sent to Santo Domingo last week. I booked my husband on a plane for April 5 to April 12 to return with his daughter. Her medical expires April 18th. Which means the Visa should as well.

My husband called last Friday and yesterday to the embassy in Santo Domingo and there was no Visa. I told him to go in today and speak to someone in person. He did and he received the ViSA today with an expiry of April 11 which is this Saturday!!!! I am livid! Jose asked why it was the 11th to the man behind the counter. He had no answer for him, but was quick to remind him that if he didn't fly her out on Saturday we would be starting this process over again!

If it wasn't for our MP two weeks ago making the inquiry's we would never have made plans for my husband to get to DR and we wouldn't have known the visa had been issued. Yesterday the website, finally changed to decision made. If we had waited for immigration to call, our little girl would have missed her day. We would still be waiting and her visa would have expired Saturday.

Shame on them! Shame on them for not having the courtesy and the consideration to a 4yr old child. I will be making a formal complaint and making a complaint under the human rights act. This is absolutely non-sense. Luckily I was able to find one flight out of Punta Cana this Thursday. We will be together as a family in two days.

This is my second time through this and this is the second time I have felt the standard of treatment different than any other agency. I am a gov't employee and would never treat anyone like they have treated my family or you!

A lesson to everybody to take control of your destiny. Order the CAIPS. Have your MP's make phone calls. If we continue to allow them to control us they will continue to do whatever they feel like!
Report to moderator 124.253.139.6
Kcsider
Star Member

Ratings: +9
[Good] [Poor]

Re: Shame on you Canada Immigration!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 01:00:25 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote
Thanks for sharing this.

It is indeed an eye opener to all those who have done their medicals! My advice is - once u have done medical test, u must constantly follow up by ordering CAIPS notes because the medicals expires in 6 months

sangria

Aug 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
PAP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2008
VISA ISSUED...
03-23-2009
LANDED..........
04-16-2009
Congrats on the visa! No matter how badly they screwed it up LOL!

You mean the embassy in Santo Domingo is open today Good Friday?

Just a question...you said they were sending the visa to the embassy in Santo Domingo. What country is your daughter coming from because Santo Domingo processes the applications for the Dom Rep right there. I was under the impression they were only processing for Dominican applicants.

My husband came to Canada from the DR in April 2009. He had 2 visas put into his passport and the wrong person's visa had to be cancelled before we could leave the country. It also happened to be Semana Santa so all things were closed. They had to bring someone into the embassy in Santo Domingo to help us.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
sangria said:
Congrats on the visa! No matter how badly they screwed it up LOL!

You mean the embassy in Santo Domingo is open today Good Friday?

Just a question...you said they were sending the visa to the embassy in Santo Domingo. What country is your daughter coming from because Santo Domingo processes the applications for the Dom Rep right there. I was under the impression they were only processing for Dominican applicants.

My husband came to Canada from the DR in April 2009. He had 2 visas put into his passport and the wrong person's visa had to be cancelled before we could leave the country. It also happened to be Semana Santa so all things were closed. They had to bring someone into the embassy in Santo Domingo to help us.
sangria: The OP quoted another members story in their thread. The original story is by Kcsider. The OP wrote down at the bottom. I know I got confused at first but if you look on the bottom you can figure it out. ;)

sangria

Aug 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
PAP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2008
VISA ISSUED...
03-23-2009
LANDED..........
04-16-2009
Strange to be in a new thread but ok!

Thanks for letting me know LOL!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Yeah it is but I guess that the OP wanted to do it that way.
Nothing wrong with that I guess.
And you're plenty welcome. :)

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
This is interesting. Probably ***()*** is a troll.

sangria said:
To ***()***

Where did you get this story from? I know who wrote it originally and where it was first posted.

I don't understand how you could repost it as if it is your own story?

It is also old news and not sure what the relevance is in re-posting it now.

For those of you reading it now....this took place in 2009 and the processing office was Port-au-Prince. Visas were couriered to Santo Domingo for pick up for Dominican citizens. The VO was a disaster back then and thankfully Dominican applications are no longer processed there.
Here's my response (and the link) over there:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/shame-on-you-canada-immigration-t69835.0.html;msg731300#msg731300

RobsLuv said:
Thanks, sangria, for clearing that up. ***()*** also copied and posted this story in the Family Class thread.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/shame-on-you-canada-immigration-t69835.0.html;msg731300#msg731300

Most likely a troll using someone's legitimate story to get a rise out of people. I suspect that ***()*** is actually @ iloveYou! who is trying to make trouble.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
RobsLuv said:
This is interesting. Probably ***()*** is a troll.

Here's my response (and the link) over there:

Just thought you guys would be interested in the private message I got from iloveYou! as a result of my earlier post. Kinda proves my point, eh? Expose 'em and they get really mad! :eek: Oh well.
iloveYou! said:
stupid and idiot. check my comments

you must be some pyschopath saying that. I exposed this guy and tried my best to knock him down. Jesus christs even this forums is not free of stupids like you.

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
There are alot of strange birds out there!

sangria

Aug 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
PAP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2008
VISA ISSUED...
03-23-2009
LANDED..........
04-16-2009
I also received a PM from someone regarding this post under the name "Kalmandeep Singh"

Here is what they had to say to me for calling them out.

to singra
then what worng in it. every body do this here.it not matter where they get it.
he that matters
get lost u *censored word*ing asshole

I am still at a loss as to why anyone would copy & repost someone elses story 2 years later. It is just so bizarre.

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
I think what might have happended is this person was trying to make a point about the poor behavior of Canadian immigration in this case, hence the Shame on you in the title line. In was misunderstood because instead of referencing the past point and making it clear it was represented as their own.

Any need to write nasty messages after the fact no...they could just explained more.

sangria

Aug 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
PAP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2008
VISA ISSUED...
03-23-2009
LANDED..........
04-16-2009
No they copied the title from the original thread as well.

The lesson should be if you want to discuss an article that you found online you should give credit to the person or site where you found the information.

You shouldn't post it as though it is your own story.

You should also discuss something LOL! I thought that was the point of discussion threads.

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
Oh they copied the topic as well lol. I'll say it again sone strange people out there :)

ritchierd

Apr 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2011
AOR Received.
10-03-2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
30-11-2010
Interview........
Hopefully not
Passport Req..
Still waiting....waiting....waiting....waiting
And you wonder why our processes take as long as they do.....

Seriously???