Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2015
Hello all,

Ontario and Saskatchewan have opened door to express entry candidate to apply for Canadian immigration. If someone received 600 points from them and settled one of above provinces , how long do they have to stay at the particular province before moving in to another part of country.

(Answers with supporting url is much appreciated)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has002 said:
Hello all,

Ontario and Saskatchewan have opened door to express entry candidate to apply for Canadian immigration. If someone received 600 points from them and settled one of above provinces , how long do they have to stay at the particular province before moving in to another part of country.

(Answers with supporting url is much appreciated)
Tough one because neither of these programs explicitly mention the minimum required duration of stay in the province.

The OOPNP application guide (Pg 28) does say that "The OOPNP may seek feedback from nominee and employer for up to five years after the successful nomination for permanent residency of the prospective nominee". But that can mean just what it says instead of being a warning to try and not relocate to another province for 5 years.

Couldn't find anything on SINP though. Maybe others can pitch in there.

Has002

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2015
Thanks Asivad Anac , expected reply from you , you are always helpful.

Dynonobel

Star Member
May 9, 2015
Nanaimo, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There isn't a minimum duration of stay because the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms explicitly states that Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents have the right to live or seek work anywhere in Canada.

Let me be clear, there isn't a provision in any provinces PNP that states a minimum, BUT upon accepting a provinces nomination you are agreeing to make an effort to settle and attempt to find work in that province. If for example you left for BC the day after entering the province you may very well put your PR into question by CIC on the grounds of lying in your application about the desire to settle in that province.

So I guess you won't get a clear answer, as it will be at the discretion of the province and CIC. I think if it were me, I would want to make sure that I could demonstrate a reasonable effort to settle and find work in the province that nominated me before I attempted to relocate.