+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Settlement Funds for OOPNP

Indian applicant

Jun 29, 2014
sweta1125 said:
Hi Everyone,

For proof of funds can I provide bank statements in my Spouse name, if he is accompanying me?
Bank statements ? Where is the account ? PoF is needed cash; draft or bank account in Canada not outside.

aliqureshi143

Sep 8, 2015
Hi,

I was invited to apply for Ontraio PnP.. I have all the required documents and meet the eligibility criteria. The only trouble I had was with the settlement funds. I have saving certificates which are worth $12000, would they suffice my settlement fund condition, or do I still require the 6 month bank statement.

Should I apply by sending copies of my saving certificates or should I get a savings account opened in a bank and transfer my saving certificate amount in there and send the statement along with the copies of saving certificate.

Can you please help, I donot have much time left to send my application

OmarSarfraz

Jul 25, 2014
If we have gotten, the AOR already. Will there still be issue with a bank statement? e.g. it not being 6 month old?

millienina

Dec 6, 2014
Hi guys, could anybody give me a better understanding of what does "provide 6 months bank statements" and " Demonstrate a personal account standing/final balance that meets or exceeds the LICO"? I understand the final balance part. But I just don't get what does "standing" mean here? Let's say I am just applying by myself- one person under CEC for OOPNP. Do I have to show them I have $12000CAD every day every month in the past 6 months? If I don't, is that ok I have a full time job in Ontario (No LIMA) to show I have my income every month? Really really appreciated all your inputs. Finger crossed :D

millienina

Dec 6, 2014
Hi everyone,

Hope all of us get our OINP nomination letter ASAP.

I am grateful if you input your experience /understanding of OINP Settlement Funds. Thanks.

My case is I am an ongoing full-time employee in Ontario, and I have $ 12000 CAD currently, but I don't have this much in each of the past 6 months ( only have around $ 7000 CAD in 3 months). Now, after 4 months of AOR, a Processing Officer asks me to provide March to August's bank statements. I don't know why I have a job, and already settled in Ontario, but they still want to see liquid assets. Could anybody help me with clarify what are valid as Settlement Funds. Do RRSP, mutual funds, and an ongoing job count?

Many Thanks,
Mill