+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September Applicants- AOR- Is CIC slowing down?

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014/ Received 18-09-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
Permanent residency fee- requested March 23-
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Hi All,

How many days to get AOR for September applicants?

I've read that it's taking 12 weeks and got worried.

I applied on Sept 15, and just today I've got an email from CIC saying that they've got my file and they're reviewing it.
This was a response to an email I sent them in September.

My worry is that my PWP expires next week, and so I need that AOR to keep my status. Or else, I would have to just risk it and apply for the BWP without the AOR to gain some time.

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
There is an excellent website for getting a better idea of the processing times, and I would advise you to add your case to their tracker.

The most recent filed date that has resulted in an AOR is August 08. They received their AOR November 04, giving a processing time of 88 days. The average time for the last three cases on the tracker is 84 - 85 days to get the AOR.

http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/canadian-experience-class

miglop2014

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
If you do some research in this forum you'll see that you can apply for an open work permit on paper which will take more than 2 months to be processed http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

When you get your AOR (probably in less than 1 month) you can change your application with the new details (your file number) and get the open work permit.

You can even apply the day before your current work permit expires because the important date is when the envelope was stamped by Canada Post. But just in case keep all the documents you can to prove that you have sent them.

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
Sorry, I missed the part about your BOWP application.

I applied for my Bridging Open Work Permit a week before my International Experience Canada (IEC) visa expired. The application was made by mail and was tracked. This gave me the evidence requires (just in case) that I was on Implied Status until the BOWP application was processed.

I included a cover letter in the BOWP application referring them to my CEC application and the lack of AOR. I requested that at the time of processing the BOWP, that they look up my UCI to check for the AOR.

This was successful, the AOR was granted a few weeks after my BOWP application was submitted and the BOWP was approved.

Feel free to fire away with questions; just yesterday I completed another friends BOWP application under exactly the same conditions.

immigrantbee

May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014/ Received 18-09-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Done upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2, 2016
Passport Req..
Permanent residency fee- requested March 23-
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Thanks so much. This helps. I'll fire up some questions about soon.

ashcanada

Jan 7, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014
AOR Received.
01-01-2015
Med's Request
01-04-2016
Passport Req..
14-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2016
LANDED..........
28-11-2016
applied on Sep 2nd and yet no AOR. my bank draft encashed by Nov 6th. so not sure whats going on.

Saurabh_PR

Jun 30, 2014
immigrantbee said:
Hi All,

I applied on Sept 15, and just today I've got an email from CIC saying that they've got my file and they're reviewing it.

My worry is that my PWP expires next week, and so I need that AOR to keep my status. Or else, I would have to just risk it and apply for the BWP without the AOR to gain some time.
Hey immigrantbee, Can you please share the email you sent to CIC? I have also sent my applicaiton on 19th Sep and yet there is no development. My cc is also not charged.
I will also send an email to CIC in the same format you did.
If forum is not the right place, you can PM me @saurabhsingh.solanki@gmail.com

Thanks.

ashcanada

Jan 7, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014
AOR Received.
01-01-2015
Med's Request
01-04-2016
Passport Req..
14-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2016
LANDED..........
28-11-2016
below email format should be okay. based on this forum , it is mostly happening with people sending application in Sept onwards so atleast i know i am not alone , however abit worried.

Hi,

XXXXXXXXX

UCI
xxxxx

Name
First Name - xxxx
Last Name - xxxx

Passport number
xxxxxx

Passport Expiry date
xxxxxxx

Date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy)
xxxxxxxx

Place of Birth
xxxxxx

they also need similar information on client application status so should be good enough.
//services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
arowberry said:
Sorry, I missed the part about your BOWP application.

I applied for my Bridging Open Work Permit a week before my International Experience Canada (IEC) visa expired. The application was made by mail and was tracked. This gave me the evidence requires (just in case) that I was on Implied Status until the BOWP application was processed.

I included a cover letter in the BOWP application referring them to my CEC application and the lack of AOR. I requested that at the time of processing the BOWP, that they look up my UCI to check for the AOR.

This was successful, the AOR was granted a few weeks after my BOWP application was submitted and the BOWP was approved.

Feel free to fire away with questions; just yesterday I completed another friends BOWP application under exactly the same conditions.
I have heard that If you have International Experience Canada visa you cannot get extension for your work permit or bridge a permit. At least that is the rule for IEC visas from my country. Only option people on International Experience have (after WP expired) is visitor visa.

FROM CiC WEBSITE:

Can I extend my International Experience Canada work permit?

No. However, each country has a unique agreement with Canada. Some countries allow participation in the program more than once. If your country's agreement allows participation more than once, you would have to reapply outside of Canada.

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Apply for paper based BOWP a day before your PGWP expires.. by the time they process your BOWP application, which would probably be after 3 months, if they find AOR on your CIC profile then BOWP will be issued.

immigrantbee said:
Hi All,

Mississauga86

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
mesumrizvi said:
Apply for paper based BOWP a day before your PGWP expires.. by the time they process your BOWP application, which would probably be after 3 months, if they find AOR on your CIC profile then BOWP will be issued.
Hi mesumrizvi,
Can send my wife's(dependent) SOWP application along with my(primary applicant) BOWP application the day before my PGWP expires?

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Mississauga86 said:
Hi mesumrizvi,
Can send my wife's(dependent) SOWP application along with my(primary applicant) BOWP application the day before my PGWP expires?
From what I have seen at this forum, yes you can send both together.. I have not done it cause my wife is not in Canada.. But I know people who have done it and gotten both approved.

dastanmo

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 05, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Saurabh_PR said:
Thank you ashcanada.
My CC got charged today so i am putting the email on hold for now.

Thanks a lot.
You sent it your application on September 19th and your credit card got charged already?

Saurabh_PR

Jun 30, 2014
Yes.
dastanmo said:
You sent it your application on September 19th and your credit card got charged already?
Yes dastanmo. My applications was recieved on 22nd September and CC got charged yesterday.
If you check September 2014 tracker, that is the current status. Application recieved in 3rd week of September are getting charged the fee right now.