+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

Mubin8863@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2017
Thanks for your reply..
My first work permit got expired in june 4,2018 and I got another one on June 24,2018.( 20 day implied status) .
my second work permit got expired in June24,2019 and I became PR on June 29 ,2019( 5 day implied status)
Do i need to mention both implied status ..
Do i need to mention both work permit separately on physical presence calculator?
What do you suggest right now to apply online or on paper

YVRCan

Aug 23, 2022
Thanks for your reply..
My first work permit got expired in june 4,2018 and I got another one on June 24,2018.( 20 day implied status) .
my second work permit got expired in June24,2019 and I became PR on June 29 ,2019( 5 day implied status)
Do i need to mention both implied status ..
Do i need to mention both work permit separately on physical presence calculator?
What do you suggest right now to apply online or on paper
Is better if you apply by paper that way you can write in a separate paper explanation of the status. And you should explain both situations, add also copy of the confirmation of processing. In my case what I did is that I had I had work permit that was issues February 2017 expired February 2018 and I was in implied status until May 2018, so what I did in the tracker was that I wrote I was worker status from February 2017 until May 2018. And that's when I wrote letter saying why.

Reactions: Mubin8863@gmail.com

Mubin8863@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2017
Is better if you apply by paper that way you can write in a separate paper explanation of the status. And you should explain both situations, add also copy of the confirmation of processing. In my case what I did is that I had I had work permit that was issues February 2017 expired February 2018 and I was in implied status until May 2018, so what I did in the tracker was that I wrote I was worker status from February 2017 until May 2018. And that's when I wrote letter saying why.
Thanks once again . I will do that
I have one more question.
For language proof I know I can submit post secondary diploma certificate from canada.. but certificate does not mention anywhere that the medium was English.. will that he valid for Language proof???

Reactions: YVRCan

YVRCan

Aug 23, 2022
For language proof I know I can submit post secondary diploma certificate from canada.. but certificate does not mention anywhere that the medium was English.. will that he valid for Language proof???
I'm not sure about language test,but you can check on the IRCC website if your situation counts as languages proof.

adigautam

Jan 3, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-05-2017
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
IELTS Request
Awaiting
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
Awaiting
Interview........
Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
I'm not sure about language test,but you can check on the IRCC website if your situation counts as languages proof.
For proof of language, you can provide your IELTS Test report card which you might have used for your PR processing.

Mubin8863@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2017
For proof of language, you can provide your IELTS Test report card which you might have used for your PR processing.
I do not have that .. I gave IELTS but never used for PR. Did not need it .. now i dont have that results anywhere and I contacted them they say they dont keep it in the system over 2 years

gehaif

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
A post-secondary certificate is enough, no need to show your English language level.

xuan

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
i received a survey email from IRCC " We are surveying newcomers such as yourself who have received settlement services funded by IRCC. "

whcih settlements services funded by ircc? i dont think i received any.

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
i received a survey email from IRCC " We are surveying newcomers such as yourself who have received settlement services funded by IRCC. "

whcih settlements services funded by ircc? i dont think i received any.
so many guidance / counseling / upskilling agencies who fight to "take over" our files so that they become the agency mapped to our names, and hence receive funding from IRCC for guiding us!! many years ago i approached one such agency for job hunting and in one meeting itself it was clear they will not be able to help. yet they kept pushing the form for me to sign so they "take over" my file!! money talks.....

Reactions: tintin2018 and xuan

tintin2018

Star Member
Oct 6, 2018
so many guidance / counseling / upskilling agencies who fight to "take over" our files so that they become the agency mapped to our names, and hence receive funding from IRCC for guiding us!! many years ago i approached one such agency for job hunting and in one meeting itself it was clear they will not be able to help. yet they kept pushing the form for me to sign so they "take over" my file!! money talks.....
100% agree and we had same experience with so-called career and settlement guidance non-profit organization. In first few interactions it was clear that they won't be of any help and we are wasting our time with them.

By the way, we got similar email too today. We had got such an email sometime after we landed as PR holders too. I had filled it last time and have no intentions to fill it this time. It's voluntary, so... your choice - If you want to invest 20 mins of your life :)

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
100% agree and we had same experience with so-called career and settlement guidance non-profit organization. In first few interactions it was clear that they won't be of any help and we are wasting our time with them.

By the way, we got similar email too today. We had got such an email sometime after we landed as PR holders too. I had filled it last time and have no intentions to fill it this time. It's voluntary, so... your choice - If you want to invest 20 mins of your life :)
there was this one agency i just can't forget - Skill4change, Toronto. a lady over there gave me some inputs on my resume. well, all inputs are welcome as a newcomer. so i accepted those and re-sent my profile to her. she sent more inputs. i updated again. this continued for 3 - 5 times! her last few rounds of inputs were completely superficial, like use "manager" instead of "supervisor", use project "life-cycle" instead of project "lifecycle", right-align this sentence, left-align that sentence!!!!!!!!! at this stage i lost it, and asked her - will i have a higher chance of getting a job if i make these changes, or lesser chances if i don't? ...... she was upset with my response, but i couldn't care less! they're just justifying their salaries.....