+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Thanks a bunch for the reply. I was tracking the AoR, but never seem to have received in the email. (checked again!!)
I was able to register on the tracker now and looks good.
Last question : How long does it take our fingerprint status to be updated on this portal? The agency where I give my FP, said it might be anywhere between 1-3 months... That long?
You can check trends in the spreadsheet for previous months... It seems to be about a month or so. You can call RCMP and check in a few weeks to see if they have sent your results to IRCC. Once IRCC receives it you will see it reported as "FP received" in the tracker

zaid84

Star Member
Aug 7, 2013
Only other way is email correspondence with the office processing your application but for that you need an email from them first so that you know the email id. So you have no option but to call them. Give it a couple of days, you might get an email.
Thank you for the help

Can you tel me where did you take your fingerprints and did they send it electronically or do i have to send it myself? I am currently outside Canada but i used to live in the GTA .

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
good news for me today
i got test invite today :)
What is your timeline like so for the spreadsheet (link in signature):

Type: Online application/Paper application
Application: Single/Family(number of family members)
Application sent:
Delivered:
AOR:
BG Complete:
Test Invite date:
Test Window:

ShopramperX

Oct 21, 2022
What is your timeline like so for the spreadsheet (link in signature):

Type: Online application/Paper application
Application: Single/Family(number of family members)
Application sent:
Delivered:
AOR:
BG Complete:
Test Invite date:
Test Window:
im already on spreadsheet
only update is the test invite
bg is still in progress as everything else

Reactions: shiremag

amontella

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
good news for me today
i got test invite email today :)
tracker says jan 9th though
citizenship test: in progress jan 9th
Just to understand, when you receive a test invite do you also get email on the same day or you just see it in the tracker? I thought email was only 24 hours before the test window opens. Still no invite for me today, starting to fear we are slipping through the cracks a little bit :confused:

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Just to understand, when you receive a test invite do you also get email on the same day or you just see it in the tracker? I thought email was only 24 hours before the test window opens. Still no invite for me today, starting to fear we are slipping through the cracks a little bit :confused:
i received the email a few hours after my tracker was updated. it could come the same/next day etc. but whoever told you that the email comes 24h before the test window opens, is totally mistaken.

Reactions: amontella

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
i received the email a few hours after my tracker was updated. it could come the same/next day etc. but whoever told you that the email comes 24h before the test window opens, is totally mistaken.
For some people it come as late as 24h before Test window... There have been several reports in this forum. However, you don't need the email, you can go to the test site (link in signature) and complete your test anytime during the test window

Reactions: 2017CanadaHo!

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
if somehow you don't get the email, that's not a showstopper, you have all the info you need (appl no, UCI no, date range for the test). the email has some additional instructions, which can be found online too. not receiving the email won't stop you from taking the test, yes it can be an irritant for sure!!

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
For some people it come as late as 24h before Test window... There have been several reports in this forum. However, you don't need the email, you can go to the test site (link in signature) and complete your test anytime during the test window
getting it so close to the test window is a redundant step, a tick-mark since (as you're also pointing out) one can sit for the test anyway. as you mention this must have happened in some cases, but not all (correcting @amontella 's understanding)

amontella

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
getting it so close to the test window is only a redundant step, a formality since (as you're also pointing out) one can sit for the test anyway
what kills me is not knowing when we'll receive the invite. I thought it was based on BG completing (and which office sends it plays a big part as well of course) but looking at the trackers it's not really the case. I hate having to study and memorize all those names and numbers and then waiting and waiting for a test invite that could come in one, two, four, forever months so then I either study every day or re-start all over again. Maybe I should pause the studying till the tracker gets updated...:confused: In the UK for instance, citizenship applicants can chose to take the test at any time during the application process, that would be a much better option in my opinion...

Reactions: 2017CanadaHo!

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
what kills me is not knowing when we'll receive the invite. I thought it was based on BG completing (and which office sends it plays a big part as well of course) but looking at the trackers it's not really the case. I hate having to study and memorize all those names and numbers and then waiting and waiting for a test invite that could come in one, two, four, forever months so then I either study every day or re-start all over again. Maybe I should pause the studying till the tracker gets updated...:confused: In the UK for instance, citizenship applicants can chose to take the test at any time during the application process, that would be a much better option in my opinion...
i thought you said your tracker shows test invite. if that is correct, then relax n continue preparing (aligned to the test window). if you don't even have an update in the tracker even then you'll see a trend - test window is a few days from the invite/tracker update. and even if those many days are inadequate, you have the whole of that test window to prepare n sit for the test. good luck!

amontella

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
i thought you said your tracker shows test invite. if that is correct, then relax n continue preparing (aligned to the test window). if you don't even have an update in the tracker even then you'll see a trend - test window is a few days from the invite/tracker update. and even if those many days are inadequate, you have the whole of that test window to prepare n sit for the test. good luck!
no, tracker shows test not started. Sorry, must have mis-explained myself. My BG is the only one showing completed in Dec 16th.