+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
I called IRCC to inquire about my citizenship application today. The agent told me that my file is in Scarborough office now and Scarborough office will process Language, prohibitions and physical presence. Once Scarborough office change the status of these sections as 'Completed', they will send the oath invitation. The agent also informed me that the current citizenship application processing time is 27 months and they can not contact IRCC directly before 27 months. So, I guess for my application, Scarborough office is the reason for delaying?
27 months is the maximum time few applications took to be processed (most likely the ones submitted when covid started spreading and subsequently lockdowns were introduced). It doesn’t mean that all the applications are going to take 27 months to be completed. According to the forum threads and spreadsheet, almost 80-90 % applications are being completed in a period of 12-15 months. July is almost over, lets see what happens in August.

Regards

HVAC_Controls

Feb 26, 2017
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-12-2016 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
19-04-2017
Med's Request
09-02-2018
Med's Done....
11-02-2018
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
50-03-2018
LANDED..........
13-08-2018
I called IRCC to inquire about my citizenship application today. The agent told me that my file is in Scarborough office now and Scarborough office will process Language, prohibitions and physical presence. Once Scarborough office change the status of these sections as 'Completed', they will send the oath invitation. The agent also informed me that the current citizenship application processing time is 27 months and they can not contact IRCC directly before 27 months. So, I guess for my application, Scarborough office is the reason for delaying?
This is standard reply from IRCC agents. Anyone call, they say the processing time is 27 months, so we have to shutup until they send us whenever they feel like. My file is processed in Scarborough office too. It's considered as a fast office. If we are processed in any other office and we called, we will get the same shitty answer 27 months !! Don't bother calling them and waste your time waiting on the line for hours to reach out to them. You will get nothing out of it

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
This is standard reply from IRCC agents. Anyone call, they say the processing time is 27 months, so we have to shutup until they send us whenever they feel like. My file is processed in Scarborough office too. It's considered as a fast office. If we are processed in any other office and we called, we will get the same shitty answer 27 months !! Don't bother calling them and waste your time waiting on the line for hours to reach out to them. You will get nothing out of it
My application is processed at Scarborough as well. Only test completed, everything else in progress (except oath). I agree, Calling IRCC means running in circle. Best way is to check tracker for updates (also ghost updates). If extensive detailed info is required, request ATIP GCMS notes.

Regards

Reactions: Farah2018

Farah2018

Sep 9, 2018
My application is processed at Scarborough as well. Only test completed, everything else in progress (except oath). I agree, Calling IRCC means running in circle. Best way is to check tracker for updates (also ghost updates). If extensive detailed info is required, request ATIP GCMS notes.

Regards
I had a ghost update 3 months ago on my tracker but nothing has changed after that update. The procedure has become unpredictable.

Reactions: a_tkd and ROCK ON

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
I had a ghost update 3 months ago on my tracker but nothing has changed after that update. The procedure has become unpredictable.
I know its very frustrating. But we are all in the same boat. Atleast you have both test and background check completed, which is better than my scenario.

Don’t worry. Soon everything will be done.

Regards

Reactions: Farah2018 and a_tkd

andienzen

Jan 15, 2019
I requested urgent processing a few weeks ago through the web form just after passing the citizenship test (online applicant).
My reason is that Germany does not allow for dual citizenship by default, I needed to get a special authorization from the German authorities, and would lose my German citizenship if I can't take the oath by September at the latest.

Did anyone ever receive confirmation whether urgent processing was granted or rejected for them?
Does anyone have a clue whether my reason for urgent processing is acceptable to IRCC?

Raj_Bangalore

Feb 20, 2017
My Language Skills, Physical Presence, and Prohibitions have been updated to In Progress today, July 26, on the application history. When will they change to completed?

Last edited:
Reactions: ROCK ON

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
My Language Skills, Physical Presence, and Prohibitions have been updated to In Progress today, July 26, on the application history tracker. When will they change to completed?
Thats strange. Language skills, Physical Presence and Prohibitions are “in progress” from the date when AOR is generated.

NAAJ

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-12-2014
Med's Request
13-01-2015
Med's Done....
25-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-01-2015
I requested urgent processing a few weeks ago through the web form just after passing the citizenship test (online applicant).
My reason is that Germany does not allow for dual citizenship by default, I needed to get a special authorization from the German authorities, and would lose my German citizenship if I can't take the oath by September at the latest.

Did anyone ever receive confirmation whether urgent processing was granted or rejected for them?
Does anyone have a clue whether my reason for urgent processing is acceptable to IRCC?
Would be very very interesting to see how IRCC handle your UP request. If it’s approved then this can be used by a number of applicants who hold nationalities of countries that doesn’t allow duel citizenship.

Last edited:
Reactions: onkar112

andienzen

Jan 15, 2019
Would be very very interesting to see how IRCC handle your UP request. If it’s approved then this can be used by a number of applicants who hold nationalities of countries that doesn’t allow duel citizenship.
Well, it's a bit more complicated in my case. It's because my special authorization expires in September.
If it was a general prohibition of dual citizenship, it wouldn't have any reason for urgent processing since I would lose my current citizenship either way.

Last edited:

Arslan-Pervaiz

Star Member
Mar 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
Doc's Request.
21-08-2015
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
06-06-2015
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
-
Well, it's a bit more complicated in my case. It's because my special authorization expires in September.
If it was a general prohibition of dual citizenship, it didn't have any reason for urgent processing since I would lose my current citizenship either way.
It depends. I requested for UP when I applied due to my Job requirement as I had to travel US for work and US embassies are processing very less non immigrant visas since Covid and I applied for my B1/B2 in Aug 2020 when my earlier expired but CIC didnot bother that and for me its going to be one year in Sep. UP cases normally dealt within 6 months if its approved and IRCC helpline doesnot know if you call them its approved or not