+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****September 2019 - Inland Spousal PR + OWP****

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Nice! That's some ray of light response .. Thank you! A few more concern questions here:

1) I still haven't received the request letter for biometrics? should I be expecting that anytime soon?
2) Do I need to provide PCC again?
1. We probably won't get biometrics. Inland biometrics kicked in December 3 2019. Though they've been foggy, July/August applicants weren't requested so we probably won't be.
2. Any of us may be required to provide RCMP fingerprints but you shouldn't be required to re-provide anything you submitted at the beginning of the process, unless you have odd circumstances. Not sure how they decide who gets RCMP fingerprinting as it doesn't seem to be everyone.

bubblysam

Jan 23, 2020
Vancity
1. We probably won't get biometrics. Inland biometrics kicked in December 3 2019. Though they've been foggy, July/August applicants weren't requested so we probably won't be.
2. Any of us may be required to provide RCMP fingerprints but you shouldn't be required to re-provide anything you submitted at the beginning of the process, unless you have odd circumstances. Not sure how they decide who gets RCMP fingerprinting as it doesn't seem to be everyone.

My online application shows background check N/A
So does this mean its directly going to be a call for PR card? :confused:

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Your background check just may not be in progress yet. I'm not sure what you mean by "going to be a call for PR card." If you applied in September, most of our Background Checks are processing, but not all of them. Everyone's situation is different!

bubblysam

Jan 23, 2020
Vancity
Your background check just may not be in progress yet. I'm not sure what you mean by "going to be a call for PR card." If you applied in September, most of our Background Checks are processing, but not all of them. Everyone's situation is different!

"going to be a call for PR card." I was pointing to landing interview which usually takes place for inland applicants. :)

In my case my background check and medical were already done a year ago when my spouse applied as a solo applicant, but included me as a dependent in the application. Your right my situation here is different perhaps.
Appreciate your inputs so far.

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
"going to be a call for PR card." I was pointing to landing interview which usually takes place for inland applicants. :)

In my case my background check and medical were already done a year ago when my spouse applied as a solo applicant, but included me as a dependent in the application. Your right my situation here is different perhaps.
Appreciate your inputs so far.
Ohh gotcha, I see. Your situation definitely seems a little different than a lot of ours! I would have through if your spouse applied for PR with you as a dependent, wouldn't you have become PR when they did?

DIDI2019

Star Member
May 9, 2019
I saw a ghost update in my profile today. Anyone had the same?
HI, could you pls tell me what do you mean by that. I checked my status and it seems to be the same in process..... After medical received nothing is happening... Not even background check.

Manny777

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
HI, could you pls tell me what do you mean by that. I checked my status and it seems to be the same in process..... After medical received nothing is happening... Not even background check.
When I logged in, in the summary page it said, " application updated" but after clicking and going inside I didn't see any thing.

I remember, many of us in the group got something similar to thisin our OWP application before status change and someone in the group named it as "Ghost Update".

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
Hi all
My spousal application was submitted in Mississauga CPC in mid Sept. I got my file no in Nov.
My husband who is currently a PR applied as a solo applicant. My medicals and background was already done due to that and so my online background check shows N/A.. but the processing time still shows 7 months.
Need opinion from senior members does it generally take this much time that shows online?
I resorted to math to figure out the % of completion and number of months left on my application and it seems to be just an automated calculation based on the 12 month estimate processing time for spousal sponsorship and the time it has elapsed from the day they received your application to the day that marks the 12 months from the date of reception. Mine says 38% completed and 8 months left because mine was received on October 9 and it is calculating 12 months until October 9, 2020. Hope that makes sense

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
My BGC showed as Not Applicable until the day I realized we might need biometrics, paid the fee and submitted the receipt. The status changed to "We are processing your background check" the same day the representative from CIC emailed me a confirmation that the payment receipt had been added to my file.

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
My BGC showed as Not Applicable until the day I realized we might need biometrics, paid the fee and submitted the receipt. The status changed to "We are processing your background check" the same day the representative from CIC emailed me a confirmation that the payment receipt had been added to my file.
I wouldn't suggest that anyone pay biometrics in September. August applicants are getting PR now and didn't do biometrics. While they haven't specified, it seems pretty clear that anyone who applied before December 3rd inland is still exempt from biometrics. My guess would be your payment caused a reaction that pushed your app into BGC, but I wouldn't think you were not being held because you hadn't paid the fee. But admittedly the instructions haven't been very clear.

All that is to say, I don't really think anyone should pay biometrics unless they get the request. :p

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
I wouldn't suggest that anyone pay biometrics in September. August applicants are getting PR now and didn't do biometrics. While they haven't specified, it seems pretty clear that anyone who applied before December 3rd inland is still exempt from biometrics. My guess would be your payment caused a reaction that pushed your app into BGC, but I wouldn't think you were not being held because you hadn't paid the fee. But admittedly the instructions haven't been very clear.

All that is to say, I don't really think anyone should pay biometrics unless they get the request. :p
Yeah, I figured the same, but I figured worst case scenario I'm out 85$ and best case scenario my application runs smoothly in each step because they already have all they need from me, just seemed worth it, I mean, I have gone through 2 tourist visas, 1 Student visa, 2 work permits, 2 medicals, and now all the fees associated to this application, I have easily spent over 10,000$ in this immigration journey (maybe more?), I figured I'd take the extra measure, but I am in no way suggesting other applicants should do the same, it was just a personal choice, I get super anxious every time I have to go through this and for my own mental health I always try to take any extra step necessary to re-assure myself and cover all my bases

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Yeah, I figured the same, but I figured worst case scenario I'm out 85$ and best case scenario my application runs smoothly in each step because they already have all they need from me, just seemed worth it, I mean, I have gone through 2 tourist visas, 1 Student visa, 2 work permits, 2 medicals, and now all the fees associated to this application, I have easily spent over 10,000$ in this immigration journey (maybe more?), I figured I'd take the extra measure, but I am in no way suggesting other applicants should do the same, it was just a personal choice, I get super anxious every time I have to go through this and for my own mental health I always try to take any extra step necessary to re-assure myself and cover all my bases
Yeah, it's a pretty small amount in the long run. Hopefully you just get a refund at the end of it. :)

TriniKRN

Jun 20, 2019
Just saw a ghost update 'Application/profile updated'. We're at the background check stage. Guess that means they're working on it. And so we wait. All the best everyone.

Reactions: DIDI2019