September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

nshakelly

Nov 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Over 2 months since test results have been updated in IRCC system as Completed. No progress since then.

P.S. Mississauga office

Miss Mira

Sep 7, 2015
Hi all!
Document sent-September 26, 2019
App. in progress-December 11, 2019
Test Invit-March 18, 2020 (Cancelled)
Test Invit-April 01, 2021
Test done-April 2020, 2021
Oath inv-May 05, 2021
Ceremony done-May 13, 2021
Office-Calgary

Good luck!

Linuxaway

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
Doc's Request.
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
IELTS Request
12-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
19-07-2017
Hi all,
I did my interview in 7th May 2021 and today my eCAS status changed to Decision Made.
Hopefully is a good sign for oath ceremony as soonest.

How long do you think it will take to get a ceremony invitation.

Regards,

Last edited:
Reactions: Hapique

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thank you! I'm mega stoked, but worried it'll get caught in the filters somehow.. I've been doing practice tests every few months for the last couple of years; guess it's time to buckle down and get to reading/practice test-taking!
Its just around the corner buddy, relax! You'll take the test in no time :) . I wish you a speedy process after the test too!

Good luck!

Reactions: chs

tgnj

Mar 4, 2021
My citizenship tracker shows "Scheduled for Citizenship oath" but I have not received any emails. Did anybody else experience a delay between the status update and receiving the oath email?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
My citizenship tracker shows "Scheduled for Citizenship oath" but I have not received any emails. Did anybody else experience a delay between the status update and receiving the oath email?
perfectly normal, happens to everyone, should arrive closer to your oath date

Reactions: tgnj

tgnj

Mar 4, 2021
Is it OK to connect to oath zoom using one device for entire family? I can't see this anywhere in the instructions but I don's see a reason for 4 people to connect using 4 different devices when they actually just sit in the same room.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Is it OK to connect to oath zoom using one device for entire family? I can't see this anywhere in the instructions but I don's see a reason for 4 people to connect using 4 different devices when they actually just sit in the same room.
This should be okay. There are many Youtube videos of applicants taking the virtual oath together as a family. There is no need to connect separately for each applicant.

Reactions: tgnj

ak1

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Thats normal. they will send it close to your oath.
Whats your timeline and office ?

Ferrari488

May 28, 2021
Hello,
Hope you guys are all well and are staying safe,

I just got an email from the IRCC Hamilton office and the require my Notice of Assessment from 2016 and 2017.However since I did not have an income from those years I did not file for my taxes and was not that educated on the subject and didn't know if it was necessary to do or not since I was new to Canada.I started filling from 2018 just for record purposes from a recommendation of a friend while still on $0 personnel income.Since I was not working here and did not receive any income as I was a student.

My question would be that what should be my next steps ? How should I proceed with this matter?

Would love to hear back from you guys. Would appreciate it highly !

CasioLottoMax

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
You can still file your tax declaration for 2016 and 2017 . If you file it through any tax software it will be swift and easy. In case you didn’t and don’t report any income the assessment will result into zero taxes being due etc and consequently it won’t have any negative effect to file the taxes years later.

Ferrari488

May 28, 2021
You can still file your tax declaration for 2016 and 2017 . If you file it through any tax software it will be swift and easy. In case you didn’t and don’t report any income the assessment will result into zero taxes being due etc and consequently it won’t have any negative effect to file the taxes years later.
Ahh okay I see, thank you so much for your reply ! So the best thing to do would be to file them now through a tax software and then send them back to IRCC ? Do you think that an explanation as to why I didn't file in those years and why I am filing it now is necessary ? Or should I just file them and send them back directly without any explanation or statement staying that I just filed them in 2021? Apologies for so many questions. Appreciate your time.