WAIVED "Thank God"
Passport Req..
05-APRIL-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-APRIL-2016
LANDED..........
30-APRIL-2016
expectin said:
i saw that our visa ofice in this case mexico, they are usually not sendin the AOR2, Well just
have to keep the waitin game lol
That's our visa office too.. Yup we have no choice heh.. Your a September applicant right?

aprilpino

Dec 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
Dec 10, 2015
File Transfer...
Dec 8, 2015
Med's Done....
July 2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
May 18, 2016
LANDED..........
May 28, 2016
GCMS notes... opinions on if ordering them can slow down processing? Or even, when is a good time to order them?

fr33z3n

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
aprilpino said:
GCMS notes... opinions on if ordering them can slow down processing? Or even, when is a good time to order them?
GCMS notes wont slow down the process.

In your case its been about 6 months, might be a good time to order them for the first time to see where they're at in the process

deemel

Aug 19, 2015
Hello good day, im hoping im in the right topic to try to get some help.
My situation is that im currently in qatar, my partner is in canada. We are in the process of applying together as common law to become PRs in canada. Now she had declared me(partner in qatar)as her beneficiary and so did i as my beneficiary. Through life insurance. This took place when i went home yo the philippines(dec2014).

Now just this sept2015 i tried to apply for visa visit with the help of my cousin who is already a PR in canada. No where in my application was an option to declare her as my common law.

Unfortunately i was denied due to financial support and close family ties.

So my question is now we are to lodge our papers would the part of not declaring her in my try for visit visa affect our application?

Hope someone could shade some light on our situation..

Tolexmi

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
23-Oct-2015
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.
deemel said:
Hello good day, im hoping im in the right topic to try to get some help.
My situation is that im currently in qatar, my partner is in canada. We are in the process of applying together as common law to become PRs in canada. Now she had declared me(partner in qatar)as her beneficiary and so did i as my beneficiary. Through life insurance. This took place when i went home yo the philippines(dec2014).

Now just this sept2015 i tried to apply for visa visit with the help of my cousin who is already a PR in canada. No where in my application was an option to declare her as my common law.

Unfortunately i was denied due to financial support and close family ties.

So my question is now we are to lodge our papers would the part of not declaring her in my try for visit visa affect our application?

Hope someone could shade some light on our situation..
1. i am afraid you cant declare her as your Common Law- Because common law means that you are not married but you have been living together for at least one year.

According to CiC website: \
Common-law partner
Refers to a person who is living in a conjugal relationship with another person (opposite or same sex), and has done so continuously for a period of at least one year. A conjugal relationship exists when there is a significant degree of commitment between two people.
This can be shown with evidence that the couple share the same home, support each other financially and emotionally, have children together, or present themselves in public as a couple

In this case , you would need to apply as being in a conjugal relationship and not common law

Gypsysoul

Jan 7, 2016
Alright friends!! CIC sent email today requesting FBI certificate. I know for a fact FBI hasnt even opened our mail yet. CiC gave us 90 days. I know it will take longer than that....i think? Is it 17 weeks once they open it to process it? Or 17 weeks to get to your envelope. I have to take some careful steps to ensure i do this right. I know it will delay our app, but want to make NO mistakes now. Lol

samola10

Jan 17, 2016
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-04-2016
Med's Request
29-11-2016 done re-medical and will be sent to accra by doctor
Med's Done....
24-07-2015, medical now confirmed passed on 22-04-2016. Thank God, 07-10-2016 schedule A, additional family information, police certificate Nigeria nd Uk nd kids medicals requested nd all submitted
Interview........
not my portion IJN, on the 05/01/2017 eCas show decision made... Thank God, journey almost completed.
Passport Req..
soon
Good morning fellow forumers,
please can anyone help me out of worries....
we submitted our sponsorship application on
23rd November 2015 and got AOR on
20/01/2016 till date no update and it makes
me so worry since then though am the
principal applicant i had called many times nd
also my spouse the sponsor as well . They can
only say we should hold on or wait till they
complete there background check nd
elegibility of my wife... this making me so
worry now
though my wife nd myself are divorcee nd all
well documented but she had sponsored her ex
back then 1995 nd before the application
finalised she called cic thats she withdrew her
sponsorship but it seem too late bcos she
realised her ex was going to use her for
status. please fellow forumers what do you
think this might result to?
thank you

JamesinCanada

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
Doc's Request.
25-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-05-2015
IELTS Request
Batch EMail: 23-10-15
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
DM: 15/2/2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 23/2/2016
LANDED..........
14-03-2016
Gypsysoul said:
Alright friends!! CIC sent email today requesting FBI certificate. I know for a fact FBI hasnt even opened our mail yet. CiC gave us 90 days. I know it will take longer than that....i think? Is it 17 weeks once they open it to process it? Or 17 weeks to get to your envelope. I have to take some careful steps to ensure i do this right. I know it will delay our app, but want to make NO mistakes now. Lol
How long ago did you send in the FBI request, though? Like if it's been a couple months since you requested with your fingerprints I can see you being able to scoot in before the deadline. There's a thread up for FBI clearance letter timelines. Last I checked I saw 4 months? It DOES take a long time, I know.

Tolexmi

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
23-Oct-2015
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.
samola10 said:
Good morning fellow forumers,
please can anyone help me out of worries....
we submitted our sponsorship application on
23rd November 2015 and got AOR on
20/01/2016 till date no update and it makes
me so worry since then though am the
principal applicant i had called many times nd
also my spouse the sponsor as well . They can
only say we should hold on or wait till they
complete there background check nd
elegibility of my wife... this making me so
worry now
though my wife nd myself are divorcee nd all
well documented but she had sponsored her ex
back then 1995 nd before the application
finalised she called cic thats she withdrew her
sponsorship but it seem too late bcos she
realised her ex was going to use her for
status. please fellow forumers what do you
think this might result to?
thank you
You got ur AOR in January , i think its too early to start worrying about anything. since they are divorced and the document are well presented , there shouldn't b a problem .. so just hold on tight and let see what happens by the end Feb.

Gypsysoul

Jan 7, 2016
JamesinCanada said:
How long ago did you send in the FBI request, though? Like if it's been a couple months since you requested with your fingerprints I can see you being able to scoot in before the deadline. There's a thread up for FBI clearance letter timelines. Last I checked I saw 4 months? It DOES take a long time, I know.
They recieved the request dec 3, 2015. They probably wont open for another 2 months. So i will be nearing the 90 day deadline. Or it might be later. I just dont know but i dont want to be denied for not meeting deadlines.

JamesinCanada

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
Doc's Request.
25-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-05-2015
IELTS Request
Batch EMail: 23-10-15
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
DM: 15/2/2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 23/2/2016
LANDED..........
14-03-2016
Gypsysoul said:
They recieved the request dec 3, 2015. They probably wont open for another 2 months. So i will be nearing the 90 day deadline. Or it might be later. I just dont know but i dont want to be denied for not meeting deadlines.
For now send in your receipt for the FBI clearance request (with your UCI, app number, birthdate, etc.) and a short letter explaining that you will send in the FBI report ASAP. I think you're going to squeeze in just in time, but you're right this time frame is tough to call. Better safe than sorry... send them proof that you requested it so they have something to show that you've got their request and you're doing your part.

SeulDansMonBocal

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
DAKAR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-11-2015
File Transfer...
10-12-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
05-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2016
LANDED..........
ETA: 29-07-2016
Guys, my wife's VO has not contacted any forum member (both here and another french one) since December. People have been waiting for their passport back for 11 to 13 weeks now.
I'm beginning to think family sponsorship has been put on hold for some reasons at that office. And that backlog will push our application further. Anybody experienced something like that at your VO? Zero movement for months?

ja7toronto

Jul 7, 2015
Gypsysoul said:
Hi we got the same email! A bit bummed out about it but we did inquire about the processing time to the CIC. They responded back with this:

"Hello,

Thank you for your email.

Please provide the copy of the updated passport and proof that you have applied for the FBI certificate. We are aware of the long processing times for the FBI certificates and your application will not be negatively affected by it, as long as we have the proof that the certificate has been applied for.

Thank you for your continued interest in Canada.

Regards,
Case Processing Centre – Ottawa (CPC-O) – Family Reunification Unit – ST13757
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
CPC-Ottawa, NHQ - Centralized Processing Region
CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca"

Hopefully, it's true that it won't negatively affect our application and won't delay the process! We immediately got it done and sent them a copy of the documents.

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 3, 2015/Re-Med: April 25, 2017
Interview........
15-05-2017
ja7toronto said:
Hi we got the same email! A bit bummed out about it but we did inquire about the processing time to the CIC. They responded back with this:

"Hello,

Thank you for your email.

Please provide the copy of the updated passport and proof that you have applied for the FBI certificate. We are aware of the long processing times for the FBI certificates and your application will not be negatively affected by it, as long as we have the proof that the certificate has been applied for.

Thank you for your continued interest in Canada.

Regards,
Case Processing Centre – Ottawa (CPC-O) – Family Reunification Unit – ST13757
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
CPC-Ottawa, NHQ - Centralized Processing Region
CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca"

Hopefully, it's true that it won't negatively affect our application and won't delay the process! We immediately got it done and sent them a copy of the documents.
So does everyone now have to provide FBI clearance or is this something only for US applicants?

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Landing_PR said:
So does everyone now have to provide FBI clearance or is this something only for US applicants?
NO. Only if you have stayed in the US for 6+ months, (just like you would for any other country you have stayed for that length of time).

*Mandie*