+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2015 applicants for citizenship

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wow congratulations I think cic forgot about sep applicants lol. what was ur local office though?

AurCit

Nov 3, 2015
Great news Toronto applicants - I got my test invitation for March 2. I was "in process" since October 27th.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
AurCit said:
Great news Toronto applicants - I got my test invitation for March 2. I was "in process" since October 27th.
Congrats !!!. Is your local office Scarborough or Toronto Downtown. Hope you dont have to wait for Oath after the test..... ;D

My application is in processing since first week of Nov' 2015 at Scarborough, which is always been the slowest so far.

Minister of Immigration, promised to make some drastic improvements in weeks. Heard lot of such promises yet to see that in action. ::)

Judging from your processing time frame, I'm cautiously optimistic and hoping to get test invitation in few weeks. ???

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Congrats !!!. Is your local office Scarborough or Toronto Downtown. Hope you dont have to wait for Oath after the test..... ;D

My application is in processing since first week of Nov' 2015 at Scarborough, which is always been the slowest so far.

Minister of Immigration, promised to make some drastic improvements in weeks. Heard lot of such promises yet to see that in action. ::)

Judging from your processing time frame, I'm cautiously optimistic and hoping to get test invitation in few weeks. ???
Actually I think that Scarborough is the only working office in GTA. The problem is that sometimes there is file transfers from Mississaga and Ct. Clair . I am sure you have also seen how often people from Downtown or Mississaga have their tests scheduled in Scarborough.
Scarborough is really overloaded local office.

AurCit

Nov 3, 2015
I have not received the letter yet - just saw an updated status on cic - so I do not know the exact location of the test. I live in Aurora, so I suspect my office is St Clair. I'll keep you guys posted on this.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Politren said:
Actually I think that Scarborough is the only working office in GTA. The problem is that sometimes there is file transfers from Mississaga and Ct. Clair . I am sure you have also seen how often people from Downtown or Mississaga have their tests scheduled in Scarborough.
Scarborough is really overloaded local office.
Earlier Scarborough and St.Claire offices shared the processing work load and conducted Citizenship Tests but Oath ceremonies were held at Scarborough location only.

However, for some time St.Claire location is not much heard. Dont know if its exclusively used as central back office processing center for the entire Toronto GTA.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
AurCit said:
I have not received the letter yet - just saw an updated status on cic - so I do not know the exact location of the test. I live in Aurora, so I suspect my office is St Clair. I'll keep you guys posted on this.
Have'nt heard lately if the St.Claire office still conducted the Citizenship tests. Probably either Scarborough or St.Claire will be your test center, you would know only when you receive the letter. So, please the test center details.

Wish you all the best and hope they schedule the Oath ceremony quickly.

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Still have some hope finally mine in process since Nov mid kind off so at least one good news from down town Toronto mine is from Mississauga office...best of luck all...

AurCit

Nov 3, 2015
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Have'nt heard lately if the St.Claire office still conducted the Citizenship tests. Probably either Scarborough or St.Claire will be your test center, you would know only when you receive the letter. So, please the test center details.
I've received the official invitation - the test centre is in Scarborough. Too bad they do not offer St. Clair

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
AurCit said:
I've received the official invitation - the test centre is in Scarborough. Too bad they do not offer St. Clair
Thanks, wish you all the best. Congrats in advance for your Oath.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
AurCit said:
This is not surprising for me that you are also diverted to Scarborough. This office is overloaded big time. That's why the timelines here are too slow. One properly working office in the whole GTA is not enough.
Recently I know some cases were also diverted to Scarborogh from Hamilton and Kitchener.
What a mess in GTA

godisgreat

Jun 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Does anyone have any idea how much time it will take more for oath. I had given my test on December 22nd 2015 at Calgary.

I am still waiting for my oath letter.

srini123

Feb 24, 2014
Today, I checked my Ecas and found the following:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 16, 2015.

We started processing your application on October 28, 2015.

We sent you a notice on February 18, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 9, 2016 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Still did not receive the letter. I live in Moncton, NB and will be appearing citizenship test in Fredericton.

Srini