+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

Ralph82

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IRCANADA said:
I have just called CIC and they have mentioned that, they are currently working on the applications received on August 12th. I have no idea how some people who have applied in September got their application processed already. ??? ???
That's exactly what she - CIC agent- told me this morning!!!!

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ralph82 said:
Well it seems true then but we have people here that they have got their Ecas updated already. Doesn't really make sense to me. :eek:
Would you share your time line ?

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
IRCANADA said:
I have just called CIC and they have mentioned that, they are currently working on the applications received on August 12th. I have no idea how some people who have applied in September got their

application processed already. ??? ???
maryafar said:
Someone posted on "Returned application" saying they sent application on September 17, 2014 and they returned application because they didn't sign residency calculator form. so it means September is

also going on i guess.
Ralph82 said:
IRCANADA said:
Well it seems true then but we have people here that they have got their Ecas updated already. Doesn't really make sense to me. :eek:
Would you share your time line ?
All of this is true. A real world interpretation of CS agent's word "working on August 12" is that ALL of the applications Que'd -- after first stage of initial scrutiny for file completion, signature and correct fee -- date stamped UP TO August 11 is entered in to system(GCMS) at the time of call. It takes around 2/3 weeks to pass through this stage.
Returns are made at end of first stage. i.e. If you applied on/before Aug 11 and no AOR/return is received by a week's time, there is a legitimate reason for concern.

They don't process applications (NOT open, I mean) in any strict order. Once a CO is assigned to the file, so many factors including the complexity of applications ahead in same Que, workload and work ethics of the CO determines how fast your (of course the luck factor is on top!) application is "online'. So in brief different tables have different date files on process/waiting and 3-4 weeks spanning is usual/normal in my observation.

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Donvalley said:
All of this is true. A real world interpretation of CS agent's word "working on August 12" is that ALL of the applications Que'd -- after first stage of initial scrutiny for file completion, signature and correct fee -- date stamped UP TO August 11 is entered in to system(GCMS) at the time of call. It takes around 2/3 weeks to pass through this stage.
Returns are made at end of first stage. i.e. If you applied on/before Aug 11 and no AOR/return is received by a week's time, there is a legitimate reason for concern.

They don't process applications (NOT open, I mean) in any strict order. Once a CO is assigned to the file, so many factors including the complexity of applications ahead in same Que, workload and work ethics of the CO determines how fast your (of course the luck factor is on top!) application is "online'. So in brief different tables have different date files on process/waiting and 3-4 weeks spanning is usual/normal in my observation.
Thank you for the VERY detailed information that you have provided. It makes me kinda feel better and hope for the best.

bazim99

Feb 8, 2011
Dubai
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
12-3-2009
VISA ISSUED...
16-2-2011
LANDED..........
20-5-2011
guys - I sent my application around Sep 18/19 and I just got the email form CIC yesterday (11-13-2014)

"This confirms that your application for Canadian Citizenship has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2014/09/22."

however I am still not able to c any update online on ecas - any thoughts ??

good luck to all !!

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
bazim99 said:
guys - I sent my application around Sep 18/19 and I just got the email form CIC yesterday (11-13-2014)

"This confirms that your application for Canadian Citizenship has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2014/09/22."

however I am still not able to c any update online on ecas - any thoughts ??

good luck to all !!
Bazim,
This is a recent introduction to citizenship processing, called "new routine?"; email AOR recipients are not updated on e-cas may be until a later stage. You may not see it for a while; if not ever, and/or receive the print copy of booklet too. So don't worry; it is normal.

If you wish join the spreadsheet to see the time line: click on Add New here...update and submit.
http://goo.gl/UdobDn

bazim99

Feb 8, 2011
Dubai
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
12-3-2009
VISA ISSUED...
16-2-2011
LANDED..........
20-5-2011
Donvalley said:
Bazim,
This is a recent introduction to citizenship processing, called "new routine?"; email AOR recipients are not updated on e-cas may be until a later stage. You may not see it for a while; if not ever, and/or receive the print copy of booklet too. So don't worry; it is normal.

If you wish join the spreadsheet to see the time line: click on Add New here...update and submit.
http://goo.gl/UdobDn
Thanks Donvalley , I didn't know that !
I have added my self to that spreadsheet ..

- Baz !

zulfi

Jun 26, 2010
Hi I am new on this group.
I submitted application in July 2014,but they returned by asking old passport copy. I sent back again my application on September 15. I have not yet got any response from CIC. I applied from Calgary as family status.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
bazim99 said:
Thanks Donvalley , I didn't know that !
I have added my self to that spreadsheet ..

- Baz !

In spreadsheet; applicants received email is updated in Column "AOR" (email date) and e-cas recipients are in column "In Process". You can see that close to half applications are routed through the new process since early August.
If you received a download link for the PDF booklet in email, it is time to download and start reading..because you might not get a print booklet.
Thanks for adding in sheet. Keep updated whenever you have one and feel free to have a view of other updates.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
zulfi said:
Hi I am new on this group.
I submitted application in July 2014,but they returned by asking old passport copy. I sent back again my application on September 15. I have not yet got any response from CIC. I applied from Calgary as family status.
Keep an eye to your emails as you have a good chance that you receive an email AOR only .BTW , I am also a Calgary office applicant with the same application date . However , not expecting a test before Nov-Dec 2015 as Calgary is very slow :(

venecolano

Aug 28, 2014
So, because I have heard that the applicants in the new process may not receive the booklet Discover Canada in the mail, I order one from Gilmore and I got it in less than a week.

You can also do it, it is free. And you can start studying sooner.

Thank you

zulfi

Jun 26, 2010
newcomer said:
Keep an eye to your emails as you have a good chance that you receive an email AOR only .BTW , I am also a Calgary office applicant with the same application date . However , not expecting a test before Nov-Dec 2015 as Calgary is very slow :(
Thank you so much, when we should expect AOR. I called CIC and they informed that they are still in August. Any Idea.

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zulfi said:
Thank you so much, when we should expect AOR. I called CIC and they informed that they are still in August. Any Idea.
This is very informative:

Quote from: Donvalley on November 12, 2014, 10:11:56 pm

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
IRCANADA said:
This is very informative:

Quote from: Donvalley on November 12, 2014, 10:11:56 pm

zulfi said:
Yup the details provided by Donvalley excellently describe the situation !

Good luck to us !