Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
rcpcanada said:
I don't have a valid TRV, my Current closed work permit expires on April 10th, and I'm leaving Canada on Feb 13th, I got the AOR on Feb 6th and applied for Online BOWP on the same day.
Couple of questions:-

1) Am I still eligible for BOWP? if so will that be approved? I'm not sure if it will be approved because I'm leaving Canada before my BOWP is approved.
2) If I'm lucky and my BOWP is approved, then can I apply for TRV from India?

Please help me.
Sorry but i didnt understand ur logic. If ur work permit is expiring on April 10 .. Y R U GOING BACK ON FEB 13 ????

gnskznc

Sep 1, 2014
Hi guys

Does anyone know how to let CIC know about new employer? I quit my job 2 weeks ago and I'm starting my new job this Monday and don't know how to let them know do I still need to get letter of employment from the new employer?
Thanks

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
gnskznc said:
Hi guys

Does anyone know how to let CIC know about new employer? I quit my job 2 weeks ago and I'm starting my new job this Monday and don't know how to let them know do I still need to get letter of employment from the new employer?
Thanks
Did you already get ur AOR? If yes then scan new offer letter etc and send to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Follow this procedure

This office is responsible for the processing of:
* Temporary resident visa (TRV) applications submitted by mail from applicants located in Canada and for the online submission of TRV for applicants located in North America;
* Permanent Resident (PR) applications from applicants located in Canada and for applicants located in North America.
If this is a request for case specific information the responsibility placed on us by the Privacy Act to protect all personal information precludes us from responding using e-mail unless we are able to verify that you are entitled/authorized to receive the case specific information.
If you are not the applicant or you are not authorized to receive the information, you will not receive a further reply to your e-mail. If you have applied within the last eight to ten weeks, we will not be responding to your enquiry - please ensure adequate time has passed before making an enquiry. Please note that there are no same-day or walk-in services available at our office.
If you are the applicant you must provide us with your:
Surname (Last name) - Exactly as it appears on passport or identity document;
Given name(s) (First name) - Exactly as it appears on passport or identity document;
Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD);
Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number; and
Application number (V#, F#, EP#, E#, B#).

Mississauga86

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
rcpcanada said:
I don't have a valid TRV, my Current closed work permit expires on April 10th, and I'm leaving Canada on Feb 13th, I got the AOR on Feb 6th and applied for Online BOWP on the same day.
Couple of questions:-

1) Am I still eligible for BOWP? if so will that be approved? I'm not sure if it will be approved because I'm leaving Canada before my BOWP is approved.
2) If I'm lucky and my BOWP is approved, then can I apply for TRV from India?

Please help me.
The answer is "yes" for your first question. My friend did the same recently and he got approved.

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
Mississauga86 said:
The answer is "yes" for your first question. My friend did the same recently and he got approved.
Dude his scene is a little more complex. He doesnt have a TRV, his permit expires on April 10, and hes flying out on Feb 13.
Once you leave the country ... there aint no way they will give u a TRV from india even if a BOWP is issued.
My best friend had a closed permit contract for 2 years and went after the first year to india for a vacation and in spite of telling him to get a multi entry trv stamp he said he would go to india and do it cos he still had 1 more year of valid permit.
Too bad .. he never came back .. they rejected his TRV from india and after that he never got it again and his work permit expired and hes still in india thinking why didnt he use 150$ and get a TRV.

Mississauga86

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
Winterfox said:
Dude his scene is a little more complex. He doesnt have a TRV, his permit expires on April 10, and hes flying out on Feb 13.
Once you leave the country ... there aint no way they will give u a TRV from india even if a BOWP is issued.
My best friend had a closed permit contract for 2 years and went after the first year to india for a vacation and in spite of telling him to get a multi entry trv stamp he said he would go to india and do it cos he still had 1 more year of valid permit.
Too bad .. he never came back .. they rejected his TRV from india and after that he never got it again and his work permit expired and hes still in india thinking why didnt he use 150$ and get a TRV.
Ya agreed. I have no idea about the TRV situation.
I said "yes" for his first question. As I am sure that one can apply for BOWP and then travel outside Canada.

cbe_canada

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-02-2015
hi guys, please help...

Im trying to finish my Open work permit application.

1. first of all when i started of there was no option showing as Bridge Open work permit. I choose an option saying Open work permit. Hope thats correct ?

2. In IMM5710 form first page 3rd question:
Q: I am applying for one or more of the following:
a. Apply for work permit with same employer b.An initial work permit or work permit with a new employer c. Restoration of your status as worker d. Temporary resident permit

Should I select option d ?

3. In the same form page 3
Details of Intended work in canada
Im not sure if I have to fill this ? also in the same section Q6 is asking for LMO number which we dont need

below I have options asking for employment details where i have to enter current employment and past employment details.

4. Did you guys attach the AOR email as a supporting document ? there is nowhere its asking for AOR number. IF you guys added as a supporting document where did you attach.. coz I dont see an option other that "Add an explanation Letter " possibly thats where i could add as far as i could think.

Sorry for the long post. Anyone plzzzzz advice as I would like to finish my application today. Appreciate you help. Have a great day.

rcpcanada

Dec 2, 2014
Hi Winterfox, you are correct, we can't get the TRV from India for BOWP, I called CIC office and they mentioned that you will get the BOWP to the address mentioned in my application but you cant get the TRV from india, so I can't travel back.

It is the same my bad, now I'm deciding to quit my company and stay in Canada as I'm already in Implied status.

So not sure what other implications will be there, and I'm checking on the same.

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
cbe_canada said:
hi guys, please help...

Im trying to finish my Open work permit application.

1. first of all when i started of there was no option showing as Bridge Open work permit. I choose an option saying Open work permit. Hope thats correct ?
Choose other - and write Bridging open work permit in the adjacent column

2. In IMM5710 form first page 3rd question:
Q: I am applying for one or more of the following:
a. Apply for work permit with same employer b.An initial work permit or work permit with a new employer c. Restoration of your status as worker d. Temporary resident permit Should I select option d ?
NO. If u plan on working for ur current employer then tick A

3. In the same form page 3
Details of Intended work in canada
Im not sure if I have to fill this ? also in the same section Q6 is asking for LMO number which we dont need
Write down what u currently are . ur job title.
below I have options asking for employment details where i have to enter current employment and past employment details.
yes enter for last 10 years including present employer

4. Did you guys attach the AOR email as a supporting document ? there is nowhere its asking for AOR number. IF you guys added as a supporting document where did you attach.. coz I dont see an option other that "Add an explanation Letter " possibly thats where i could add as far as i could think.
AOR goes on a work document and then attach word document in the "Explanation letter" section in the online application section

Sorry for the long post. Anyone plzzzzz advice as I would like to finish my application today. Appreciate you help. Have a great day.

marmaht

Dec 14, 2014
Alberta, CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
29-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-02-2015
Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
Decision made: 26-02-2016 (waiting for an email/letter from CIC to know the decision)
VISA ISSUED...
From a visa exempt country
LANDED..........
20-04-2016 (Edmonton CIC office)
Winterfix, I am in the same situation as you are, except that I am still waiting for my AOR. I am already trying to prepare my bowp but I am completely lost... I really don't want to make a mistake...!

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
marmaht said:
Winterfix, I am in the same situation as you are, except that I am still waiting for my AOR. I am already trying to prepare my bowp but I am completely lost... I really don't want to make a mistake...!
Same situation as I am? I already applied for my Bowp
What seems to be your issue?

marmaht

Dec 14, 2014
Alberta, CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
29-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-02-2015
Med's Request
30-06-2015
Med's Done....
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
Decision made: 26-02-2016 (waiting for an email/letter from CIC to know the decision)
VISA ISSUED...
From a visa exempt country
LANDED..........
20-04-2016 (Edmonton CIC office)
Oups, sorry, I meant cbe_canada!

cbe_canada

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-02-2015
@Winterfox

Appreciate your help spending time to ready my long essay :p Thanks a ton dude..

i dono if I saw an option saying other ... where I can write Bridge Open work permit as you mentioned for Q1.

Since that step is already passed and now im where we can upload documents. I cannot change that to what you told rite?

Thanks again buddy.