+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 - CEC Applications

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nov_2014 said:
To get AOR, all signatures in the forms as per check-list, supporting documents, payment forms are mandatory. Rest of attributes are evaluated at central Visa officer after AOR.
One of my friend also forgot to write names in native language however he is in PR status now. All the best..
why the signature need be in native language ? or need be in both, I just write in native language, not in english . some place in english .

blitzkrieger

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
Med's Request
07-02-2016
Med's Done....
22-02-2016
I have just sent mine on 9th Sep, got confirmation that they have received it. I was wondering people are saying I shouldn't have sent it on the same day on which I ve" complete exactly one year which was on 9th Sep 2014. Is there any issues with that?

Excited

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2014
AOR Received.
09-02-2015
Med's Done....
04-07-2015 (upfront)
Interview........
RPRF request from CIC : 03 Mar 16
Passport Req..
10-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2016
LANDED..........
3rd week Apr
Hi,

I am planning to apply for my PR in the next 1 week time frame. Today i received my CELPIP score.

Writing - 7 and other sections got above 7.

Please let me know if i am eligible to apply under the CEC for Job category O & A.

Also can someone let me know if i apply now, are there chances of mine not falling within the 8000 applicants quota ?

Thanks in advance

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Excited said:
Hi,

I am planning to apply for my PR in the next 1 week time frame. Today i received my CELPIP score.

Please let me know if i am eligible to apply under the CEC for Job category O & A.

Also can someone let me know if i apply now, are there chances of mine not falling within the 8000 applicants quota ?

Thanks in advance
You are good to go

Good luck

nov_2014

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
16-May-2015
Congrats as per link provided below you are above benchmark level for NOC O & A. you are good to apply PR under CEC.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/language-testing.asp

In last 5 months only around 3000 applications have been received by CIC. As per current trend even if you submit application in December this year, shouldn't be any issues but earlier is the better..

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/applications-accepted.asp

Excited said:
Hi,

Thanks in advance

nov_2014

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
16-May-2015
All required forms including signatures are in English language only. Only in Additional family information form as per guidelines it request you also update in your native language besides English.

yixiaop26 said:
why the signature need be in native language ? or need be in both, I just write in native language, not in english . some place in english .

zareef

Dec 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with app
Med's Request
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
nov_2014 said:
In last 5 months only around 3000 applications have been received by CIC. As per current trend even if you submit application in December this year, shouldn't be any issues but earlier is the better..

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/applications-accepted.asp
Correction: Around 3000 COMPLETE applications have been accepted by CIC. Considering it takes around 60 days to receive AOR, there's quite a large backlog of applications waiting to be acknowledged.

Excited

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2014
AOR Received.
09-02-2015
Med's Done....
04-07-2015 (upfront)
Interview........
RPRF request from CIC : 03 Mar 16
Passport Req..
10-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2016
LANDED..........
3rd week Apr
Thanks so much guys for your timely response. This helps. I am happy and glad to join this group of Sep 2014 applicants :) will keep you all posted once am done.

Levski1914

Sep 17, 2014
Hey guys,

So I need some advice. I sent my PR CEC and it was received Mon. the 15th. Basically my post-grad work permit expires in a few weeks and I don't know what the procedure here is: do I receive a bridging visa, would I have to leave...? I'm still working full-time, etc. As far as I know, I can apply anytime before the expiry of my post-grad work permit, but would they recognize its expiry and give me implied status? What is your guys' experience with this or any tips would be welcome. THANK YOU!

savva

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, almost done gathering everything - will be applying today/tomorrow.

Just a little confused with copies/orignals for Identity and Civil Status documents. It says I need to provide copies.

Now for translation of my national passort and birth certificate - should it be a copy or original?

For certified copies - should I put in original certified copy (with notary seal) in or include a copy of it?

For Declaration of Common law union - should I put in original or copy?

Please advise and good luck to everyone!

savva

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please any suggestions? Want to apply today :)

miglop2014

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
savva said:
Hi guys, almost done gathering everything - will be applying today/tomorrow.

Just a little confused with copies/orignals for Identity and Civil Status documents. It says I need to provide copies.

Now for translation of my national passort and birth certificate - should it be a copy or original?

For certified copies - should I put in original certified copy (with notary seal) in or include a copy of it?

For Declaration of Common law union - should I put in original or copy?

Please advise and good luck to everyone!
The way I see it is: if you can easily get them, send the original. If you'll have problems getting them again, send a copy.

Nothing will be returned to you unless there's any problem with your application.

So, IMHO, I'd send the original translations and certified documents (if it's a copy I doubt it'll be considered as a 'certified copy'). For the common law union you can see in the checklist that it says copies except for the IMM5409 which says original. So send the original IMM5409 and copies of the supporting documents.

Good luck.

savva

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you kindly for your reply

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
July 18 have received AOR on Sep 17

as this speed, it is 59 days omg, really slow comparing with the March application of this year.

adaytoremember

Sep 18, 2014
Hi everyone! I sent in my application today, fingers crossed everything goes well. I will update the tracking list momentarily. Good luck to everyone!