+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sept 2014 CEC application - Medical Request and PCC received - Just FYI

MrHendrix

May 3, 2015
Hi,

I have posted this in the September 2014 official topic as well. But I thought I might share this will everyone in this forum especially the October and August applicants. I will copy paste the rest of my info from my other post.

This forum has been so instrumental in me knowing what is happening with everyone's else status that it has guided me so well. Therefore, I had to create this account to share the recent development with my CEC application. This will probably be my first and only post (unless something else major happens) but I am a September Applicant in the Canadian Experience Class and received my Medical request two days ago. I also received a request for original police certificate from two countries (very annoying). The police certificate request email came actually one day after the medical request. One quick thing is that they are requesting me to mail the original police certificate to an mailing address.

Here is my details:
Applied for the Canadian Experience Class on September 15, 2014 (actually this is the date received my them)
AOR received on Jan 29, 2015
Medical Request on April 29, 2015
BOWP successfully received around April 24th - applied Feb 22, 2015
I applied for GCMS on April 15, 2015 (still waiting to receive it)

Is receiving the medical request a good sign as in does it mean your eligibility status has been passed? Or is this just one of the steps? Any personal experience on CEC applications being rejected after medical request? I will post again after I receive the GCMS notes as it will give more clarity to people I think.

For examples, I hope my GCMS would answer questions such as: Medical request is sent after GCMS status has been passed? Or if my case has been recommend to be reviewed by an officer etc. Or maybe medical request is just another step (but I seem to have received Medical request before anyone else in this forum as per our timeline) It feels so strange because its not like my application was extremely strong etc.

One last thing, I also successfully applied for BOWP and received a one year extension. This seems to be independent of my PR application in a sense that I could get rejected for CEC but still work till expiry of this BOWP (no conditions in the BOWP itself apart from the usual)

Quick note: Not sure if this matters or not but in case someone is confused or will ask

I live in Canada under PGWP (which is expiring on May) but received BOWP extension for additional 1 year. I work here but no arranged employment bull*censored word*. My company did write me a employment letter with job duties (big company) but didnot mention the NOC code in the letter.

I have 30 days to submit the medical request and 60 days to submit the originals for police certificate.

I will be checking the thread incase you guys have any questions, or could respond to few of the concerns I had in my post.

Good luck in your applications.

MrHendrix

May 3, 2015
I have one question for you guys that I have been wondering for such a long time with no answer.

I have a CEC application pending, created a EE profile (with 418 score). Now if I get my invitation, can I apply for EE while CEC is pending (without cancelling the CEC)? Now you might think just do CEC as I have received my medical request but I was thinking if I can do both, it will increase my chances for PR.

The reason why I am not 100% sure about my CEC application is because of the NOC code, whereas EE does not care much about the NOC code and I feel I have a better chance.

Do you guys know of any CEC applicant from 2014, who also applied for EE? Any experiences? Any thoughts?

roberto_hongo

Star Member
Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
AOR Received.
13-01-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront on 30-07-2015
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2016
LANDED..........
23-05-2016
MrHendrix said:
I have one question for you guys that I have been wondering for such a long time with no answer.

I have a CEC application pending, created a EE profile (with 418 score). Now if I get my invitation, can I apply for EE while CEC is pending (without cancelling the CEC)? Now you might think just do CEC as I have received my medical request but I was thinking if I can do both, it will increase my chances for PR.

The reason why I am not 100% sure about my CEC application is because of the NOC code, whereas EE does not care much about the NOC code and I feel I have a better chance.

Do you guys know of any CEC applicant from 2014, who also applied for EE? Any experiences? Any thoughts?
Yes, you can have the old CEC and EE applications being processed simultaneously and this should not have any impact on your current CEC application.
I'm actually thinking of applying for EE, as my point at the end of this month (I will have two years of work experience in Canada by then.) will be somewhere around 500. But I will wait for few more months to see what develops of my old CEC application.

FYI: My application reached to CIC on September 2, 2014 and AOR was issued on January 13, 2015.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrHendrix said:
Hi,

I have posted this in the September 2014 official topic as well. But I thought I might share this will everyone in this forum especially the October and August applicants. I will copy paste the rest of my info from my other post.

This forum has been so instrumental in me knowing what is happening with everyone's else status that it has guided me so well. Therefore, I had to create this account to share the recent development with my CEC application. This will probably be my first and only post (unless something else major happens) but I am a September Applicant in the Canadian Experience Class and received my Medical request two days ago. I also received a request for original police certificate from two countries (very annoying). The police certificate request email came actually one day after the medical request. One quick thing is that they are requesting me to mail the original police certificate to an mailing address.

Here is my details:
Applied for the Canadian Experience Class on September 15, 2014 (actually this is the date received my them)
AOR received on Jan 29, 2015
Medical Request on April 29, 2015
BOWP successfully received around April 24th - applied Feb 22, 2015
I applied for GCMS on April 15, 2015 (still waiting to receive it)

Is receiving the medical request a good sign as in does it mean your eligibility status has been passed? Or is this just one of the steps? Any personal experience on CEC applications being rejected after medical request? I will post again after I receive the GCMS notes as it will give more clarity to people I think.

For examples, I hope my GCMS would answer questions such as: Medical request is sent after GCMS status has been passed? Or if my case has been recommend to be reviewed by an officer etc. Or maybe medical request is just another step (but I seem to have received Medical request before anyone else in this forum as per our timeline) It feels so strange because its not like my application was extremely strong etc.

One last thing, I also successfully applied for BOWP and received a one year extension. This seems to be independent of my PR application in a sense that I could get rejected for CEC but still work till expiry of this BOWP (no conditions in the BOWP itself apart from the usual)

Quick note: Not sure if this matters or not but in case someone is confused or will ask

I live in Canada under PGWP (which is expiring on May) but received BOWP extension for additional 1 year. I work here but no arranged employment bull*censored word*. My company did write me a employment letter with job duties (big company) but didnot mention the NOC code in the letter.

I have 30 days to submit the medical request and 60 days to submit the originals for police certificate.

I will be checking the thread incase you guys have any questions, or could respond to few of the concerns I had in my post.

Good luck in your applications.
What's your IELTS result ? or other test .