+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Separation declaration for Minors travelling to Canada(IMM 5604) in CEC category

badsha

Oct 6, 2013
Dear Friends,

Would you be able to tell me when this form(Separation declaration for Minors travelling to Canada - IMM 5604 ) needs to be filled ? FYI, I am currently in Canada and my Wife/kid is in India and will join me in Canada in a few months time ? Can someone confirm if I need to fill in this form ?

Thanks

BigBee

Oct 10, 2013
It is required ONLY if the minor is a Canadian Citizen, if the minor (child) is not a canadian citizen, then you dont need it. (I have experience with this)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
BigBee said:
It is required ONLY if the minor is a Canadian Citizen, if the minor (child) is not a canadian citizen, then you dont need it. (I have experience with this)
Wrong. The form is called "Declaration from Non-Accompanying Parent/Guardian for Minors IMMIGRATING to Canada". A Canadian child cannot immigrate to Canada. It is for non-Canadian children immigrating to Canada with only one parent.

badsha said:
Would you be able to tell me when this form(Separation declaration for Minors travelling to Canada - IMM 5604 ) needs to be filled ? FYI, I am currently in Canada and my Wife/kid is in India and will join me in Canada in a few months time ? Can someone confirm if I need to fill in this form ?
You do not need this form. It is required when a child is immigrating to Canada with only one parent, while the other parent is not immigrating and remains in the home country.

BigBee

Oct 10, 2013
Thanks for the correction canuck..... I was referring to another document which doesnt have an IMM number to it.

Apologies to the OP.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
BigBee said:
Thanks for the correction canuck..... I was referring to another document which doesnt have an IMM number to it.
No prob. I know that it can get a bit confusing sometimes with all of different forms CIC has, quite easy to mix them up.

MISCHA

Jun 16, 2014
im a single mom.i dont know where the father is?because he leaves in another country.my son birth certificate father is unknown.do i need to fill out the imm 5604