+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

seniors your gracious help needed...overlooked application

santoshr

Sep 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear all,

I have recently submitted my study permit application under SPP, at the VFS Hyderabad on 11 November, 2014, I have now discovered that I have not answered the question 2(b) of the Student visa application form, which says " Have you ever been refused a visa or a permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?" correctly. I have overlooked the question part where it says any other country and have incorrectly answered "NO" to the question. However my answer should have been "YES" as I have been previously been refused a US Student visa (F1) on the grounds of 214(b). Honestly, I have no intention of misrepresenting any information and this is a mere mistake of oversight. Now I am concerned that this could be seen as a misrepresentation of my file. So I have emailed CHC new delhi about the same and waiting for their reply.

Please let me know what are my options now? I really appreciate any help in this matter.

santoshr

Sep 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Overlooked question 2(b) in Student visa form and answered incorrectly. Plz Hlp

Please guys and senior members if you have any information regarding this don't hesitate to reply. I would be greatly appreciated.

sadam

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Re: Overlooked question 2b. Will this be considered misrepresentation????

some student got rejections only due to that reason....So pray for ur self .,. ALLAH karam karay ::)

napnusion

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014

Speaking the truth , yes CIC will consider this as misrepresentation because they ask you answer all questions faithfully as clear instruction.

You should have read the application very carefully before submitting it in haste.

Anyways , its good that you have sent a mail to CIC regarding the same.

Hope for the Best!

vash021

Star Member
Mar 28, 2014

I have a rather same problem

My father applied a work visa and I was a dependent(trv) under his name at that time I was a minor
My father was denied thus also denying my minor dependent (TRV)

I answered No on have you been denied etc.
Reasoning that It was my father who was denied and also My passport has no stamp of TRV denied while my brother, mother and father has a denied stamp on their passport

santoshr

Sep 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

sadam: Thank you for your suggestion.

napnusion: I understand but I have disclosed this information upfront, so do u still think it will be a problem??

santoshr

Sep 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

@vash021 : My passport has no stamp of denial from US, but I wanted to be clear with CHC. I have nothing to hide and its was a honest mistake rather than a misrepresentation, anyways will wait for their reply. I have been totally honest with them.

santoshr

Sep 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: PMM your gracious help needed...overlooked application and provided wrong info

Update : I have sent them and email and also mailed the updated background declaration form to the consulate. I am waiting for their reply. I had not been provided a file number yet, so just provided all the other details. PMM please your gracious help needed......I am soo worried .............

napnusion

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
@santoshr When you get a denial of VISA from US , you do not get a denial stamp on your passport. A rejection is linked with your passport and kept as a record for future reference.

I would say you have already done for your best , so don't worry now.

Just pray and hope that everything goes well in your favour!

santoshr

Sep 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ napnusion: Thank you for your advise. Will wait for the reply from the consulate and hope for the best!

vash021

Star Member
Mar 28, 2014
how about my case?
I have a trv denial as a minor dependent of my father

And did not include it in the form

santoshr

Sep 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got a message saying my passport has been dispatched from the Canadian consulate, this makes me nervous as it has been only 3 days since my submission. Scared to death...