+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

seniors plz help!,..visitor to student

msk

Feb 27, 2010
hello kind hearts..
i have a college offer letter for study 1year advanced diploma course in toronto, curentlly i and my family living in new zealand, and wish to move canada because new zealand life is very slow moving, and couldn't save any money for family, struggling life , i and my wife, son are got a canada TRV(visitor visa) for one year multiple,and USA multiple too, my question is if i and my family come to canada as a visitor same time, then 1. may i apply for student permit within canada for myself?,if i get 2. is't possible to apply to work permit for my wife, and student permit for my son(6years old) while we are in canada same time as a visitor visa?,...because from here very difficult to get student permit for canada,..please guys specially professional, and seniors, experienced friends....pleease help us for it,..i am really confused,.....i and my family will appreciate your kindly help.
thank you very much for all
MSK

ked

Aug 30, 2009
If you all got the TRV, it is better for you to move in Toronto first, then apply for your study permit ( Full time only) and your spouse work permit too. It is pretty straight forward from Canada. But you will also have to demonstrate that you have enough funds ( Even photocopies of bank papers) to pay for your studies as well as living expenses and a return travel ticket when you are done with your studies. As for the child, at this age, i don't think the child will need a study permit. All you have to do is move in, get settled, apply for your study and spouse open work permit, it will take a month approx to get those permits... Then, both apply for a province residence card, you pay approx $12/ each, this will enable you to have a valid provincial ID, and permission will be granted to admit your child to school. As for your spouse, she will then need to apply a social insurance number to get a job. It seems a lot, but it is simple and straight forward. After each step, consult Canada Visa forum again to guide you through all the steps. I hope that info can be useful to you. Best of Luck!

After one year you may be eligible to apply for Permanent Residence, for that be patient.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ked said:
If you all got the TRV, it is better for you to move in Toronto first, then apply for your study permit ( Full time only) and your spouse work permit too. It is pretty straight forward from Canada. But you will also have to demonstrate that you have enough funds ( Even photocopies of bank papers) to pay for your studies as well as living expenses and a return travel ticket when you are done with your studies. As for the child, at this age, i don't think the child will need a study permit. All you have to do is move in, get settled, apply for your study and spouse open work permit, it will take a month approx to get those permits... Then, both apply for a province residence card, you pay approx $12/ each, this will enable you to have a valid provincial ID, and permission will be granted to admit your child to school. As for your spouse, she will then need to apply a social insurance number to get a job. It seems a lot, but it is simple and straight forward. After each step, consult Canada Visa forum again to guide you through all the steps. I hope that info can be useful to you. Best of Luck!

After one year you may be eligible to apply for Permanent Residence, for that be patient.
You really should read www.cic.gc.ca about study permits. The OP can't apply in Canada for a study permit, they either have to apply on entry to Canada if they are eligible or an overseas office. If they require medicals, they can't apply on entry. They should really be applying through Sydney Australia. They will have to show funds to cover the first year tuition and $20K for a family or 4 for 1 years living expenses. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op12-eng.pdf page 28.

PMM

msk

Feb 27, 2010
thank you friends,....i am very happy about your replies, also i found in college broucher about as a visitor how to apply student permit from toronto, they said that apply to buffalo office for student permit. my another question are, 1. may i apply work permit for my wife together my student permit application to buffalo office?, or wait for my student permit then apply for her?, which is better?,....2. how much money can carry to canada each person from overseas legally?...3. can i as a visitor open a bank account in canada? .
thank you for the help...we should appreciate yours advice and help forever.