+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

seniors plsssss

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amansingh123 said:
i mean i can apply if i have done computer diplomas and worked as a part time welder right?
Do you have apprenticeship training or certificates as a welder and how much job experience do you have? That is how many years part time and how many years full time? How many years before you got your welder certification and how many years after?

amansingh123

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
ok here is my welder experince i have worked about 8-9 months from 2008 to 2009 in that time my employer gave me 15 to 20 days training and after that i was working full time.
then i was doing diplomas and can show that i have worked part time.
from 2009 to 2011 part time.
i have worked there in the evening and saturdays.
whole i use to travel to my institute where i did diploma.
then i moved to another city to do another 6 months diploma in computers.
i started in dec and finished in june 2012.after that i have worked full full time from july 2012 to august 2013 in august 2013 i have taken admission in ITI and now doing diploma in welder trade.
so pls tell me what i do?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So your total experience is 8-9 months full time, then 2 years part time and then you changed to IT? Your work between 2012 and 2013 is IT or welding?

Looking at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/trades/apply-who.asp it says you must have 2 years full time (30 hrs. a week) or equivalent in part time. However, you must have gained that work experience AFTER gaining your welder qualifications. If you look at the checklist at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5750E.pdf this is clear. It also says that you must either have a job offer or a Canadian certificate. In any case, I think it is clear, part time work or not, that you do not have enough work experience or apprenticeship training. After you complete your welder diploma, if you then work as a welder full time for another 2 years, you can try applying under this immigration class. I do not think you have much of a chance now.

amansingh123

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
no didnt changed to it i was doing computer diplomas in hope for better job in it but i didnt find any.
i have 1.5 year full time and 2 years of part time experience.
but now i am doing diploma in welder does that mean the work i have done as welder will not count towards my experience?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amansingh123 said:
no didnt changed to it i was doing computer diplomas in hope for better job in it but i didnt find any.
i have 1.5 year full time and 2 years of part time experience.
but now i am doing diploma in welder does that mean the work i have done as welder will not count towards my experience?
If you look at the link I gave you, you see that you must already be a journeyman, fully qualified to work independently before your 2 years experience starts to count. A welder in Canada with 2 years work experience as a journeyman would therefore have total 5 years experience, 3 as an apprentice.

You can also see this in the instruction guide here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5747ETOC.asp

All applicants must:
•have the required level of proficiency in English or French;
have at least two years of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, in a skilled trade occupation within the last five years, after becoming qualified to independently practice that occupation;
•meet the relevant employment requirements for their skilled trade occupation as set out in the National Occupational Classification (NOC), except for the requirement to obtain a certificate of qualification issued by a competent provincial authority; and
•have an offer of employment for continuous full-time work for a total period of at least one year in that skilled trade occupation OR hold a certificate of qualification in that skilled trade from a Canadian provincial or territorial apprenticeship authority.

Note. If you do not meet all of the requirements described above, do not submit an application under the Federal Skilled Trades Class, as your application may be refused. Check the other classes to see if you satisfy their eligibility criteria. Also check the CIC website regularly for changes to eligibility criteria.
Also note that you need either a job offer or a Canadian certification to apply.

It also says this:

You must indicate the requirements to independently practice your skilled trade occupation in your country/region and clearly demonstrate how you met those requirements before gaining the two years of qualifying work experience.
So are welders certified where you live? Would you say that after your 8-9 months of work and 15-20 days training by your employer that you are a qualified welder in your country? If this were true and you have 2 years of full time experience or equivalent in part time after that time, you could try to apply if you have a job offer as well but they may still have a problem with the idea that you were able to train as a welder in 8-9 months of work and 15-20 days training when a Canadian welder spends 30.5 months training on the job and 5.5 months in educational training to become a journeyman.

amansingh123

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
ok sir as i am doing my diploma in welding how long i have to wait to apply for cic?
any chance of counting my previous work experience?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Immigration is clear that you need 2 years full time work experience after completing your apprenticeship. If your diploma is what you need in your country to be qualified as a welder, than you need 2 more years work experience after you get your diploma.

amansingh123

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
so in clear words experience which i have before diploma ca not be counted no matter how much big experience i have right?

gurminnder

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
thanks for your reply leon.....
as i am doing welder diploma....
work which i have done on part time basis as a welder can i use it as experience i will be applying for Manitoba pnp program...
before it i didnt have any studies in welding...
shop in which i learned welding his owner taught me everything how to weld how earth the system i was quick and hard working after 2 months he started paying on full time basis....
can i show use it as experince?