+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seniors, need help please; credential assessment, 5 or 15 points?

lorcia

Feb 14, 2011
Please, I need help from senior members in regard to credential assessment.

Like everybody else I wait for CIC to announce a list of prospective assessment agencies for FSW. In the meantime I am preparing my documents.
I am aiming for 15 points according to new point system which allegedly would be awarded for one-year post-secondary credential. I have finished high school(12 years full-time study) and one year of intensive computer course(full-time study). Study included a few computer programmes which I was certified for. I want to apply under NOC 0631(Restaurant F&B Managers).
My question is:
Am I eligible to claim 15 points for my education since neither my high school nor my post secondary education(course) had been directly connected to my profession and work experience? Can I claim points for a course if it is certified and on full-time study basis?
This is of crucial importance to me, so please any help will be highly appreciated.

RockinCanada

Feb 20, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2009
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
March 2011
Interview........
July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
March 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
Check your eligibility here:

https://www.canadavisa.com/assess/canada-immigration-assessment-form.htm

or on the CIC website if available.

lorcia said:
Please, I need help from senior members in regard to credential assessment.

Like everybody else I wait for CIC to announce a list of prospective assessment agencies for FSW. In the meantime I am preparing my documents.
I am aiming for 15 points according to new point system which allegedly would be awarded for one-year post-secondary credential. I have finished high school(12 years full-time study) and one year of intensive computer course(full-time study). Study included a few computer programmes which I was certified for. I want to apply under NOC 0631(Restaurant F&B Managers).
My question is:
Am I eligible to claim 15 points for my education since neither my high school nor my post secondary education(course) had been directly connected to my profession and work experience? Can I claim points for a course if it is certified and on full-time study basis?
This is of crucial importance to me, so please any help will be highly appreciated.

lorcia

Feb 14, 2011
Thank you for your advice.
Unfortunately this evaluation form signifies that one have taken IELTS which I haven't yet so it is not of use to me and I have checked on CIC website but is not quite clear about that.

Please, anybody who knows more about this - shed some light; you will be very welcome.

RockinCanada

Feb 20, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2009
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
March 2011
Interview........
July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
March 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
Never mind....but if you are not an English native, you would need IELTS to qualify. You should be knowing what level of English you have and you can use something like IELTS score of 7 or if it says fluency level, then advanced (just for example) and you would know if you qualify or not. But for sure, unless the list is out in April, there is no guarantee that this evaluation is going to be true.

lorcia said:
Thank you for your advice.
Unfortunately this evaluation form signifies that one have taken IELTS which I haven't yet so it is not of use to me and I have checked on CIC website but is not quite clear about that.

Please, anybody who knows more about this - shed some light; you will be very welcome.

lorcia

Feb 14, 2011
Thanks for advice.
I plan to take IELTS very soon. I need high scores anyway (at least 22) since I am short with points. That's why is so important to me to get 15 points on education if possible, in order to meet 67 points. If I can't get that much I will not be able to apply. In the meantime, if anybody knows something about this please reply to this post.