+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seneca College

lekamle

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys
Has anyone of you applied to the Seneca college ?
Or does anybody here studying at Seneca already ?
Please exchange your ideas about this college as I would like to apply to this.

Thanks.

M

mehtab.92

Hi, I accepted at Seneca College for IBU(2 years), post secondary diploma.
I applied my file on 2nd of June.
Waiting for decision.

About Seneca.
Seneca is a communty college having 7 or 8 campus across Toronto.
The college is under SPP and worldwide respected.
The best thing about college, Its processing is extremely fast , very friendly college for international students.

I personally recommend you to apply in Seneca college.
But do Hurry up if you're applying for September Intake.

-Mehtab

lekamle

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks mehtab

Within this time I am waiting for a reply I was contacting the college and filled up the application.

I have written them a mail requesting some more informations.

I have few more questions but I drop two of them first 8)

If I apply for a particular course and I was accepted could I switch to a different course if I qualify for that as well, after going to Canada?

How is it to find a job, whilst studying, within this region where Seneca is situated ?

Thanks

M

mehtab.92

Glad to know you already applied.

Changing Course
After reaching canada if you are changing schools and/or your program of study but remain at the same level (e.g., secondary level), you do not need to modify your study permit.

However, if for example you are a student at the primary school level and you are moving on to secondary school, or if you are a secondary school student and you are moving on to post-secondary studies, or if you are moving from post-secondary studies to secondary studies, you need to submit an application to modify your study permit at the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta.

Note: If you are a student at the post-secondary level, and you are moving from a bachelor’s to a master’s (or vice versa), or a master’s to doctorate studies (or vice versa), you also need to submit an application to modify your study permit at the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta.

Job
It is possible to work in Canada while you are here as a student, and there are opportunities for jobs on and off campus. You will need to apply.
1. You may work on campus at the institution where you study without a work permit.
2. You may work off campus but to qualify for the program, you must already hold a valid study permit, and you must have been a full-time student at a participating institution for at least six of the last 12 months before you apply.

However it is easy to find job in Ontario province if you got off campus work permit and some special skills.

lekamle

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks mehtab.92

I feel as if I am talking to an immigration officer. Thanks for giving that feeling and Almighty bless you with all the best.

If you work in the campus from the time you get there until you can work out side, how good you can support yourself ?

I am asking these question as I have to have a proper picture of the place I am going to go, I dont just want to go thinking "It will all be ok , Nothing to worry !! ". It may be or may not be. At the same time if you could work on the same field of your studies you gather of a bit experience for you future Job, Don't you ?.

I got a mail from the college saying that I should send my High school diplomas and make the payment.

I'll sent the docs and make the payments asap.

Thanks guys.

M

mehtab.92

Thanks Bro.
It will be much better if a student do on campus job because in that we need not to apply for permit and soon after getting eligible for off campus work permit a student should apply for permit ASAP.

After approval of off campus permit a student can do job for 4 hours in a day and it will be best and luck if he/she can get the same job related to the field of study because it'll give experience, as you said. Moreover it will be helpful for getting Post-Graduation Work Permit Program.

About support from job.
However if not enough atleast you can support little and as i heard that students are able pay their fees and even for accomodation also.

Send you documents ASAP.

My best wishes are with you.

lekamle

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am sorry mehtab I don't get you last sentence.
Can you please explain

Thanks

lekamle

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
I just received a mail from the college saying that they have received my documents (Which I e-mailed ).
I any way have sent the papers via post and it will take another week I suppose to reach them.
Good luck.

M

mehtab.92

Yes you'll get your letter of acceptance in 22 to 25 working days. Possibly by 3rd of July.

jas_to_canada

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
mehtab.92 said:
Hi, I accepted at Seneca College for IBU(2 years), post secondary diploma.
I applied my file on 2nd of June.
Waiting for decision.

About Seneca.
Seneca is a communty college having 7 or 8 campus across Toronto.
The college is under SPP and worldwide respected.
The best thing about college, Its processing is extremely fast , very friendly college for international students.

I personally recommend you to apply in Seneca college.
But do Hurry up if you're applying for September Intake.

-Mehtab
Mehtab my friend I want to contradict you on Seneca Timeline. They are not very fast, even not fast enough. Due to the College my Last year was dumped. I applied to Seneca in June 26,2010 and Upon sending them 50-60 emails they respond and they kept a admission test on oct 28 , 2010 ( after 4 months) for Jan2011 intake. then after test I kept on sending emails after a week to get my results , then again on sending many emails they replied and gave me offer letter on Nov 16 2010. then i was left with only 1 month for joining college. And in melancholy , i had been in dilemma for a week to apply or not. Becoz i knew I had to apply for Loan also and other Documentation which takes 1 months in all, but I upon approaches Got everything Done in 1 week. and Applied for VISA on Dec 3. But I knew the result. and that was the result , <b> Withdrawal of case from CHC.. JUST BECOZ OF SENECA COLLEGE</b>. I appled for Extension from college but the college refused the extension. Now I cant change my college so i will apply again, as my 3 lacs in on stake.No other way to go.

So my dear friend , Dont Rely on Senecas' Fast processing they don't understand anything.
Dont' Rely on anything.

GS_Stud

Apr 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ho,

I agree with Jas.

There are two type of programs in Seneca: General and In-demand. The in-demand courses requires a special admission test/portfolio and the admission process takes months.

Even for General programs, the decision is made in 4-6 weeks.

GS

rohanb105

Jan 6, 2014
Hi Guys,

I would be applying for Project management IT from Seneca september 2014 intake. Just had some questions regarding this program and college.

1) I have heard that intake for september 2014 has been waitlisted. Is this true ?
2) Is this program good ? i mean does this program stand any value in canada's job market ?
3) Is the Co-op program helpful to secure a job ?
4) If i opt for this co-op program , my total duration of course becomes 12 months ? What will be duration of my OWP ?

Need some help guys..

tan25

Jun 16, 2020
Hi, did you attend Seneca? I have an admit to this program. Is it good in terms of job placements?

Hi Guys,

I would be applying for Project management IT from Seneca september 2014 intake. Just had some questions regarding this program and college.

1) I have heard that intake for september 2014 has been waitlisted. Is this true ?
2) Is this program good ? i mean does this program stand any value in canada's job market ?
3) Is the Co-op program helpful to secure a job ?
4) If i opt for this co-op program , my total duration of course becomes 12 months ? What will be duration of my OWP ?

Need some help guys..