Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2010
AOR Received.
20-01-2011
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Ok this may be a really stupid question, and I know most of you will laugh after reading this but when it came time to send my application I could not find an envelope long and wide enough to fit all my documents!! With the DHL guy standing waiting for me I decided to put all my documents and pictures in a folder and then use rubber bands to keep it closed!!!

Was that really stupid of me?? Will they reject the application on the basis of a stupid sender :( What I'm really worried about is that they might lose some pictures or documents while opening the folder!!!!
I swear I tried every single store and could not find one envelope to fit everything :( :(
I'm so worried!

Also I just read that you need to send a pre-paid envelope along with your application? This is right? I just sent all my stuff but no pre-paid envelope...omg!!!

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
vvargas said:
Ok this may be a really stupid question, and I know most of you will laugh after reading this but when it came time to send my application I could not find an envelope long and wide enough to fit all my documents!! With the DHL guy standing waiting for me I decided to put all my documents and pictures in a folder and then use rubber bands to keep it closed!!!

Was that really stupid of me?? Will they reject the application on the basis of a stupid sender :( What I'm really worried about is that they might lose some pictures or documents while opening the folder!!!!
I swear I tried every single store and could not find one envelope to fit everything :( :(
I'm so worried!

Also I just read that you need to send a pre-paid envelope along with your application? This is right? I just sent all my stuff but no pre-paid envelope...omg!!!
You should be fine. Many people have just rubber banded their docs together and been approved.

Where did you see something about a prepaid envelope and what would they use it for??? No you dont need one.

vvargas

Sep 22, 2010
Dominican Republic
Category........
Visa Office......
Dominican Republic - Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2010
AOR Received.
20-01-2011
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Hi Heatherusa,

Thanks that makes me feel better! :) I read it on the website when checking the status of my application but since they only recieved it last week I won't have a status probably for another month or so.....

For the country specific info, it said send a pre-paid envelope as they don't send passports in regular mail. But on the document checklist it said send a photocopy of the passport not the original!! My husband is from the Dominican Republic. That really confused me.... Oh well nothing I can do about it now i guess.....

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
vvargas said:
Hi Heatherusa,

Thanks that makes me feel better! :) I read it on the website when checking the status of my application but since they only recieved it last week I won't have a status probably for another month or so.....

For the country specific info, it said send a pre-paid envelope as they don't send passports in regular mail. But on the document checklist it said send a photocopy of the passport not the original!! My husband is from the Dominican Republic. That really confused me.... Oh well nothing I can do about it now i guess.....

AHHHH.... when it is time to send your passport to them then you will probably need the return envelope but you should get more specific instructions at that time.

No need to send the envelope now!

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hahahaha oi balle balle ustad balle balle......no worries dude, dont think too much. As long as your documents are in the DHL package and you have secured them in a rubber band, just relax and take it easy.....Good luck

vvargas

Sep 22, 2010
Dominican Republic
Category........
Visa Office......
Dominican Republic - Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2010
AOR Received.
20-01-2011
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Thanks Newtone and Heatherusa ..... by the way Newtone nice musical interlude lol!

jiyamano

May 31, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
LANDED..........
vvargas said:
Thanks Newtone and Heatherusa ..... by the way Newtone nice musical interlude lol!
lol lol lol hahahah u r smart :p