+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending passport for PR (if me and my wife living in differnt countries)

Kazi50

Sep 18, 2010
Hi everyone
At last I have received a passport call for my PR (thanks God). now the problem is I am living in Canada and my wife is living in my home courntry. My wife cant send her passport to me because the courier services (dhl, fedex) do not carry passport from my country to an individual person but the agreed to carry it to the visa office (NEW YORK in my case). I am just wondering whether they will accept it if we send the passports separately (like my passport from canada and her passport from my home country). If anyone of you have any experience about this please help me.
Thanks

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kazi50 said:
Hi everyone
At last I have received a passport call for my PR (thanks God). now the problem is I am living in Canada and my wife is living in my home courntry. My wife cant send her passport to me because the courier services (dhl, fedex) do not carry passport from my country to an individual person but the agreed to carry it to the visa office (NEW YORK in my case). I am just wondering whether they will accept it if we send the passports separately (like my passport from canada and her passport from my home country). If anyone of you have any experience about this please help me.
Thanks
With forwarding letter quoting correct file number and details, i see no reason why visa office is not going to receive passports sent seperately.

Kazi50

Sep 18, 2010
thanks for the quick reply. I really appreciate it.
Ya I also see no problem in it but I heard from one of my friend that they want both the passports together. however, he is not 100% sure about it.
I just want to confirm from someone who really face this type of situation. is there anyone like that.
thnaks

Kazi50

Sep 18, 2010
Hello guys
I havent received reply anymore. Please help me guys if you can. I sent an email to NY office but didnt receive any reply yet. Tried to call them but couldnt reach. do you have any idea how can I reach them?
thanks

S

shaon31

Kazi50 said:
Hello guys
I havent received reply anymore. Please help me guys if you can. I sent an email to NY office but didnt receive any reply yet. Tried to call them but couldnt reach. do you have any idea how can I reach them?
thanks
Hi Kazi05

I don't think that there is any problem if you send the passports separately with a forwarding letter. Just keep in mind that you paste the sticker at the back of the passport those they have sent to you.

Write the letter mentioning your current situation. As far as I have seen that the Visa Officers are very logical in these cases.

wish you all the best.

thanks
--
Shaon

Kazi50

Sep 18, 2010
Hello Shaon

thank you very much for your reply. seems like you are from Bangladesh. Me too and nice to meet you. what do you mean by sticker. I havent received any sticker, only the letter.
My visa office is in NY. how abt sending the passport with someone who is coming to canada.
thanks again for your response

SISH7255

Nov 19, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2011
Kazi50,

If someone is travelling to Canada from Bagladesh, let him carry your wife's passport to you in Canada. Ask your wife to give a notarised authority letter to a person carrying passport from Bangladesh to Canada. When you receive this passport, you can submit both the passports together to the CHC NY.

If it is unauthorised/illegal to send passport outside of Bangladesh by courier, don't take a risk.

Wish you best luck for your visa!

SISH7255

Nov 19, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2011
Kazi50 said:
thank you very much
I really like your idea.is it mendetory to notarize it?
Sometimes the persom carrying your wife's passport may be questioned at the airport. ( most of the time nobody will question). It is better to have the authority letter which is notarised. However, if you give a photocopy your pasport request letter to the person carrying the passport, the normal letter(unnotarised) from your wife will also do. Write down your addresses and contact numbers in the letter.

It is well known fact that we cannot send Indian passport to and from India by courier (I think from Bangladesh too). No courier companies in India accept them. Carrying passport internationally with authority letter is the legal way. I have done it many times, no problem at all. In fact, I also didn't notarize such letters. Its your decision.

Kazi50

Sep 18, 2010
Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions. I really appreciate it.
I will try to notarize it. lets see.
thanks