+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending money to GIC account from India

Ardentleo

Jul 15, 2020
Need help. I want to transfer money for GIC and wanted to know if I have use the Send information details or beneficiary details of Scotia bank for wire transfer. And if I have to send the fund on beneficiary details then please help me to understand what is the use of 'Send introductions to' details. Kindly assist me with the same and you can contact me at manthanjain2610@gmail.com.

Arabellamax1

Sep 26, 2020
To buy GIC from ISBO CIBC, which is better INR or CAD? The bank staff said, CAD is better but some other suggested INR. I have added almost rs. 25,000 extra I have added towards the original amount. Please share your thoughts. Thank you

Riyashah03

Aug 21, 2021
I am going for an undergraduate study to canada and I have to fill the a2 form for the transaction but my bank is saying to state my fathers name but put mine in the beneficiary so that it would match my details with the scotia bank. Is it correct to do so or would that reject my transfer due to the senders name being my fathers name? I am reallyy confused and I am being funded by my father but I have my personal account in india and in scotia.

Ansarzaid21

Jul 17, 2021
To buy GIC from ISBO CIBC, which is better INR or CAD? The bank staff said, CAD is better but some other suggested INR. I have added almost rs. 25,000 extra I have added towards the original amount. Please share your thoughts. Thank you
Yesterday, I too paid my GIC in INR and My Bank deducted around 50 Rupees from my GIC amount as transaction charges. Don't know what to do..! will My GIC get rejected because of this deduction. Please suggest if someone has experienced the same issue before.

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
Anybody transferred money online from their HDFC/ICICI savings bank account to GIC account? There is a feature called RemitNow which HDFC offers to remit money overseas.
This could save the trouble of a trip to the branch

abdulshaik

Jun 22, 2020
I am going for an undergraduate study to canada and I have to fill the a2 form for the transaction but my bank is saying to state my fathers name but put mine in the beneficiary so that it would match my details with the scotia bank. Is it correct to do so or would that reject my transfer due to the senders name being my fathers name? I am reallyy confused and I am being funded by my father but I have my personal account in india and in scotia.
It should be from YOUR bank account. Name should be EXACTLY matching. Reach out to Scotiabank on twitter they will help you with faster response

abdulshaik

Jun 22, 2020
Anybody transferred money online from their HDFC/ICICI savings bank account to GIC account? There is a feature called RemitNow which HDFC offers to remit money overseas.
This could save the trouble of a trip to the branch
No...you cant do it online for HDFC. Reach out to your bank branch they will help you out. Have to fill a form and then in 2days your funds will get deducted