17-11-2009
Passport Req..
04-03-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2010
LANDED..........
30-04-2010
Hi

My wife received Passport Request from New Delhi CHC but currently she is in Canada. Can I send her Indian passport by Courier to New Delhi, India while she is in Canada (or), it is risky to send passport outside the country of residence? Please advice.

Thanks

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
udaykm said:
Hi

My wife received Passport Request from New Delhi CHC but currently she is in Canada. Can I send her Indian passport by Courier to New Delhi, India while she is in Canada (or), it is risky to send passport outside the country of residence? Please advice.

Thanks
I sent my passport to London while being in Canada and I know of no reason why I wasn't allowed to.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Swede said:
I sent my passport to London while being in Canada and I know of no reason why I wasn't allowed to.
Except that is illegal to mail/courier passports in/out of India. They usually have to be hand carried by a person with an authorization from the holder.

PMM

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

PMM replied already.

Similar questions were posted in this forum before by few members, from Canada, US and other countries. Sending Indian passport out/in of the country of residence is made illegal by Indian Govt. Perhaps if you send it by courier to India from USA, it will reach there, but CHC New Delhi may not send it out of India. So................???

udaykm said:
Hi

Thanks

udaykm

Dec 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2009
Doc's Request.
04-02-2010
File Transfer...
03-02-2010
Med's Done....
17-11-2009
Passport Req..
04-03-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2010
LANDED..........
30-04-2010
I understand that CHC New Delhi would only send to addresses in India but I could have someone send the Passport to Canada.

I want to know which one is safest to get in/out of India. By courier or by authorization person?

Thanks Again

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
udaykm said:
I understand that CHC New Delhi would only send to addresses in India but I could have someone send the Passport to Canada.

I want to know which one is safest to get in/out of India. By courier or by authorization person?

Thanks Again
As was previously pointed out to you twice it is ILLEGAL to send a passport in or out of India by courier. Your only options are to return to India and submit it from within India by courier OR have someone authorized to do this for you. Search this forum for other discussions on the same topic.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes it is ILLEGAL. to send passport in/out by courier or by someone else carrying other person's passport.
Infact it should be with the Person (passport holder) or the authorized person with the authorization letter in the same country as the current stay of the passport holder.

Rule is one should not send passport out of the country, in which passport holder is residing currently.
I know a person who was carrying passport with authorization letter got into trouble in Germany during the transit.
Do not send through courier for sure. I think it is very clear on the last page of the Indian passport.

Other consequences are if the Person for any other reason asked to come in person ..He/She will not have passport.
Unluckily your documents (courier) get scanned at any airport (which I have seen in few cases) they will hold the passport as they have right to open the packet in case of any suspicion under the law.
The person carrying passport got caught at transit or New Delhi airport .

Imagine if any of these three happens, you will be in more trouble than some inconvenience.
It is better to go through this inconvenience but doing it right way.

If I will be you.I will wait till the end of my current stay then go back to India get the visa stamped and come back to Canada.

Hope it helps.
Hope you do the right way. Congrats and all the best.

ariell said:
As was previously pointed out to you twice it is ILLEGAL to send a passport in or out of India by courier. Your only options are to return to India and submit it from within India by courier OR have someone authorized to do this for you. Search this forum for other discussions on the same topic.