+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Semi Skilled BC PNP question.

Feb 28, 2018
Hello everyone.

I have a very quick question I have been struggling to find a definite answer for.

I have been working for the same employer for over 5 months now and I have been given a permanent job offer and a green light to go for the BC PNP. I would like to apply under Semi Skilled as I have been driving/delivering for years and have experience in it and it is what I do in my job. The question is ... Would it be frowned upon or straight declined if I was to apply for it without the 9 months of consecutive work?

I will greatly appreciate any information or answers anyone can provide.

Thank you kindly in advance and hope you are all well :)

Jun 11, 2019
Golden, BC
Hello everyone.

I have a very quick question I have been struggling to find a definite answer for.

I have been working for the same employer for over 5 months now and I have been given a permanent job offer and a green light to go for the BC PNP. I would like to apply under Semi Skilled as I have been driving/delivering for years and have experience in it and it is what I do in my job. The question is ... Would it be frowned upon or straight declined if I was to apply for it without the 9 months of consecutive work?

I will greatly appreciate any information or answers anyone can provide.

Thank you kindly in advance and hope you are all well :)
It's quite clear:

You must be employed and working full-time (at least an average of 30 hours a week, year round) with the B.C. employer supporting your BC PNP application in any ELSS-eligible occupation for at least nine consecutive months immediately prior to registering to the BC PNP.
So, no, you wouldn't be eligible after five months. You can potentially game it a little bit - I submitted my application on the first day of the month in which I would complete nine months with the company I work for and that didn't cause any issues despite being essentially eight months and a couple of days - but IIRC the online thingy runs up your employment start date so you can't really push it much more than that. Could be misremembering - it's been too long! - but I'd give it a couple more months.